Rolex 1520 Hack Feature not working

We would need to know the movement number of your watch the 5513 is a reference number not the movement number. Then we can't really determined the parts until you take the back off and do a partial disassemble of the movement.  Then usually on the watch like this if it hasn't been serviced in a while a full complete overhaul would be recommended.

From my point of view there are many reasons possible. Here a picture of that spring, which is driven by the setting lever and slightly touching the balance. Engagement to lever could have slipped out, spring broken, spring bent, screw loosened ...

I think you have to strip down the movement at least half the way to find out whats going on. So a complete service would make sense.

25.JPG.5599193321c5c293874ec774857306e2.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Delgetti said:

From my point of view there are many reasons possible. Here a picture of that spring, which is driven by the setting lever and slightly touching the balance. Engagement to lever could have slipped out, spring broken, spring bent, screw loosened ...

I think you have to strip down the movement at least half the way to find out whats going on. So a complete service would make sense.

25.JPG.5599193321c5c293874ec774857306e2.

I'm in agreement with Delgetti. A strip down is necessary to find the cause of the spring malfunction, so a service makes sense whilst doing that

I have a link to someone supposedly servicing a 1520 but it's missing the hack?

Then I'm attaching PDFs for the 1520 and the base caliber 1530. Also attached is a service manual ancients one which on  PDF page 7 shows the hack mechanism and how it's supposed operate.

https://watchguy.co.uk/service-repair-rolex-air-king-5500-calibre-1520/

1520.pdf 1520-1525.pdf 1530.pdf

• Thanks 1