Fake or Real

Oris has taken a leap into the past and is pleased to present the Oris Divers Sixty-Five, the revival of an iconic diving watch that first appeared in an Oris collection 50 years ago. The new Oris Divers Sixty-Five shares the 1960s retro look with the original, but has been updated using 21st century watch techniques. The case is made of anti-corrosion stainless steel. The vintage-inspired curved domed glass is now made of scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and has an anti-reflective coating on the inside to reduce glare and increase underwater readability.Looks like it is real.:thumbsu:

30 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

No way of telling from poor photos. 

Hi oldhippy, your right about the photo but Oris do make that watch today and the seller is offering extended 2 year warranty. Combined with the seller feedback if it is 100 percent. Then that would tell me the seller can be trusted to be selling you the real deal :angel:

Whatever floats your boat, personally far too much 'bling' for me, $2000, seriously? It might well be 'real' from Oris, but it's a fake representation of mid 1960's watches.....I'll stick with the JD diver chrono, that I've had for the last 50 years.....

4UaQigF.jpg

Edited by JohnD
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, bjd1020 said:

Ok. With that said.......I have never seen a high end watch wrapped in all that plastic. Looks like a Chinese rep job.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oris is by no stretch considered high-horology or high-end compared to brands such as Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin or Audemars Piguet. They don't even compare to lower market brands such as Rolex or even Omega but they are Swiss made mechanical watches that deliver both high-quality and value.Plastic is for storage and display purposes so no scratch :)

1 hour ago, Graziano said:

Oris is by no stretch considered high-horology or high-end compared to brands such as Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin or Audemars Piguet. 

You are correct but the term has become common between enthousiasts, to indicate anything of value. And that before considering that haute horlogerie is actually another segment yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jdm said:

You are correct but the term has become common between enthousiasts, to indicate anything of value. And that before considering that haute horlogerie is actually another segment yet.

Yes it is the enthusiast and collector whom in my view also that is a growing sector keeping the old mechanical watches of yesteryear alive. Thank you for reminding me