Trevelyan

SARB033 bracelet pins

Question

Hi,  the bracelet on my SARB033 is a D385-3C,  it's currently too small for me to wear. I have two spare links, but no pins for them. On removing a pin from the bracelet I found it to be nothing like a cotter pin, nor did it appear to be a "pin and tube".   It was more like a pin with a thicker end that was knurled . 

I'm looking for resources to purchase a few of these pins,  also links and pins for a JDM  Seiko (a Grey Ghost titanium kinetic) 

Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

Trev. 

5 answers to this question

You should be able to get the pins for that bracelet from a watch material supplier such as cousins in the uk https://www.cousinsuk.com/ or near where it is you live .There are an assortment of sizes for you to choose from .As far as the links go all I can say is either Seiko themselves or keep an eye on ebay .Hope that helps:) nice watch buy the way.This is closer to your home https://www.jewelerssupplies.com/watch-band-pressure-pins-1-10mm-assortment-901.031.html

Edited by Graziano

The original pins of this bracelet are 0.9mm straight, not with knurled end. They are kept in place by a split collar that sits in the center section of the link. Getting the pins is easy, the collar can be a little more problematic. Since fabricating one from a suitable tube is difficult for a non-watchmaker, an alternative can be using the tubes with a notch in the center, that hold to a groove on the pin from the same set. But they also must be cut to measure. 

On 2/9/2020 at 12:57 AM, Graziano said:

You should be able to get the pins for that bracelet from a watch material supplier such as cousins in the uk https://www.cousinsuk.com/ or near where it is you live .There are an assortment of sizes for you to choose from .As far as the links go all I can say is either Seiko themselves or keep an eye on ebay .Hope that helps:) nice watch buy the way.This is closer to your home https://www.jewelerssupplies.com/watch-band-pressure-pins-1-10mm-assortment-901.031.html

Thank you. That looks exactly like the pin I extracted, however, upon calling Seiko their response was 1 plain pin, two pipes. I'm guessing the pin I extracted was used when the bracelet was shortened. Thank you for the comment about the watch, I am getting excited to wear it! Also thank you for the link, I'm sure I'll be using their services in the future. 

On 2/9/2020 at 6:42 AM, jdm said:

The original pins of this bracelet are 0.9mm straight, not with knurled end. They are kept in place by a split collar that sits in the center section of the link. Getting the pins is easy, the collar can be a little more problematic. Since fabricating one from a suitable tube is difficult for a non-watchmaker, an alternative can be using the tubes with a notch in the center, that hold to a groove on the pin from the same set. But they also must be cut to measure. 

Confirmed by Seiko as I replied above, but with two pipes, not one. On order and headed my way tomorrow. 

I was also able to order extra links for the Grey Ghost ( 5M53- 0B40), so I'm pretty excited by that too! 

Thanks for the help! 

Trev. 

9 minutes ago, Trevelyan said:

Thank you. That looks exactly like the pin I extracted, however, upon calling Seiko their response was 1 plain pin, two pipes.

No. Look at the middle section of link which has a larger bore where the single collar sits, or take apart another link to better understand.  I hope you will be able to use them is some way.

24 minutes ago, jdm said:

No. Look at the middle section of link which has a larger bore where the single collar sits, or take apart another link to better understand.  I hope you will be able to use them is some way.

Yup, you are entirely correct. Heading to the phone now, hopefully they will exchange or explain. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By x83
      I was given a 1973 seiko lord matic (5600-9001) recently and I am very fond of it. The acrylic is in pretty good condition and the case isn't too scared up. There are only 3 problems with the watch. First, the case is a little bit dirty between the lugs. Second it gains about 15 seconds a day. Thirdly, the original bracelet is too small, so I tried to replace it and found that one of the spring bars is stuck. I don't really know what to do with the watch so I came here to get some advice. Should I take it to a local  jeweler, send it to the seiko service center (probably a bad idea), or try to work on it myself? If there is anyone on the site that is able to work on the watch I would consider that as well.

Thanks in advice for any advice.0
    • By Graziano
      Hi all , Just thought I would share with you guys and gals a video of a Seiko Pressure tester purchased some time ago .Its part of the traveling tool kit that I take to service friends and relatives watches on the go . Anyway  it's a Seiko S-451 pressure tester and it is probably from the 80s or early 90s and very useful for vintage water resistant watches and quarts . I had to upload it to youtube so I could paste on the forum .I restored the Tissot Seastar that you will see as it was a complete no runner with numerous problems .Anyway check it out and enjoy a cigar and a vino rosso https://youtu.be/n8dbQLwsHbg
    • By jbirkrepair
      Hi, I recently purchased a Seiko GMT Perpetual off eBay. The watch has a 8f56 Movement which is the high accuracy quartz movement. 
      The watch was purchased with a low battery (indicated by the second hand ticking every 5 seconds).
      I've since replaced the battery and reset the perpetual calendar, the watch was working for about 3 hours and then just stopped. I've since tried to reset the perpetual calendar again and it doesn't do anything just completely dead. 
      I recently went to a local watch repair shop and they said it would need a entirely new movement and would set me back £250 for it. It would however be done by Seiko not themselves. 
      Any help is much appreciated.

• By jackie01
      Hello guys. This is my last project – Seiko 6139-6010 aka Bruce Lee. Watch is from ‘69and it is based on the 6139A movement. Nice shot for the 50th Seiko anniversary of first automatic chronograph development. So please see the pictures below from all restoration proces. It took me 3-4 evenings.
      The watch came to me as non runner. Crystal was scratchy with many chips. Dial was dirty and dusty with signs of water damages. Hands lost their lume. Day calendar was loosen and didn’t work properly. Movement was complete but very dirty and dry – there weren’t any residues of old oil in the jewels. Somewhere were signs of water flood. I dissasembled movement and I gave it a bath in ultrasonic cleaner then i’ve assembled and oiled movement. Star disk od date wheel was repaird with small amouth of resin glue. Movement had tend to stop sometimes. Inspection showed that the tiny chip on the bottom pivot of the escape wheel. It was hard to see it. After replacment movement ran as a champ. I polished the hands cause there was rust and gave them new lume. Dial was cleaned. I didn’t touch the lume on the hours indexes. I was affraid to screw up it. I think now it is quite good despite the fact that the lume does not glow. Orginal crystal was polished but I decide that in the future I will replace it. Case and caseback got some polish works only with polishing paste, not too much cause I didn’t want to loose the sharpnes of orginal edges – as usual I did it. Bracelet was matted with abrasive wool. Everything was mix up and combined and there is the result.
      After measurments on timegrapher and adjustment it is a nice timekeeper. An amplitude satisfy me as well. Now I am enjoy to wear it.
      Please let me know what do you think of this restoration project and about my works on it. I appreciate your comment and your spend time. Cheers folks

VID_20191016_170551.mp4 VID_20191017_195141.mp4
    • By Marc5555
      Hello everyone
      Im looking to find a bracelet for my snk807 preferably with curves endlinks to match the case. Im assuming that a bracelet from the snk795 would work unless im wrong. Anybody know where to find a bracelet for this?