Gow to open this Hefik?

ChrisBC

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and have this old Hefik watch. I'd like to see the movement but can't work out how to open it.

I can easily open the watch around its centre which will removes the glass but the movement is retained by the winder.

There are no notches to indicate that the centre portion of the back will unscrew, and no obvious lip to lever it open.

Does it look the type where the winder can be pulled out than the movement taken out from the front?

P1030058.JPG

P1030055.JPG

P1030056.JPG

P1030057.JPG

The seam between top bezel and the case is clearly visible in your third picture.

Insert a safety razor blade into the seam, work all the way around the case. Next you may need to use a knife to crack it open. 

The art of this task is to leave no scars.

49 minutes ago, ChrisBC said:

I can easily open the watch around its centre which will removes the glass but the movement is retained by the winder.

What you removed is called bezel. Now you need to pull straight out the the stem, which is designed for that, either made of one or tow pieces. A nails clipper with a filed center notch can be useful.

The center on the back is not not removable and even if it was it would not allow to reach the stem release. 

BTW we have a section where it's considered polite for new members to introduce themselves. 

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

With the bezel removed, if you can,t just lift the movement and stem out,  You best put the bezel back on  and remove the stem first.

It would have to be a two piece stem. You put the bezel back on to protect the dial. 

To remove the stem, pull it out to set position, insert your tweezers in between the case and the crown, crack the crown( stem attached) out. You may use nippers to just pull the stem+ crown out.

• Thanks 1