Jump to content

Timex Dynabeat Stem Removal


Recommended Posts

Greetings to All Members:

Just found your website today & decided to join. From what I saw on your home page looks like you carry a broad range of topics. I have been collecting watches about 2 years.  Always on the lookout for mainly wrist watches, both mechanical & electronic.......and occasionally quartz. Have no real specific brand other than mostly American Names from the 20's through 1960's. I also have several mantle clocks & several pocket watches. Just always on the lookout for any interesting examples of particular eras. I have limited skills & "eye sight" outside of working on case, dial , hands & crystal polishing/replacement.

Currently am working on a Timex Dynabeat(ElectroMechanical).....I hope your site has some people that work on these Timex Dynabeat Watches....purchased on EBay.....looks good after clean & polish but not running. Battery leaked some but not too bad......just want to remove works from case to clean leaked corrosion. But on this watch I am at a lose as to how to remove the stem from watch works.......any information or vidios on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.    Dan

..any information or videos would be appreciated

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi if you remove the movement from the front by removing the crystal (front loader) then you have a split stem .pull the stem out to the time setting position

carefully place a pair of tweezers under the crown and gently pull evenly and the stem will pull in two pieces. Then you can place the watch on a movement pad and tip it upside down and it will separate from the  case .Make sure that you pull evenly with the tweezers .

Edited by Graziano
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graziano said:

Hi if you remove the movement from the front by removing the crystal (front loader) then you have a split stem .pull the stem out to the time setting position

carefully place a pair of tweezers under the crown and gently pull evenly and the stem will pull in two pieces. Then you can place the watch on a movement pad and tip it upside down and it will separate from the  case .Make sure that you pull evenly with the tweezers .

I don't think that is quite right.:startle: See here:-

Rshyarc.jpg

You use the tweezers to expand the retaining spring to release the stem.....In practice you usually have to do this twice as the very end part of the stem usually catches on the retaining spring and stops you pulling it all,of the way out......

Edited by JohnD
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I don't think that is quite right.:startle: See here:-

Rshyarc.jpg

You use the tweezers to expand the retaining spring to release the stem.....In practice you usually have to do this twice as the very end part of the stem usually catches on the retaining spring and stops you pulling it all,of the way out......

Oh my I apologize thank you:o 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never the less --- by puting the tweezer tapers under the crown AND apply gental pressure is a good way TO FIND OUT if the watch has a 2 part stem OR NOT.   the diagram told you a timex has a special to get the mvt. out of the case.   this is the best forum for learning, videos and books,    cheers.    vin

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vinn3 said:

Never the less --- by puting the tweezer tapers under the crown AND apply gental pressure is a good way TO FIND OUT if the watch has a 2 part stem OR NOT.   the diagram told you a timex has a special to get the mvt. out of the case.   this is the best forum for learning, videos and books,    cheers.    vin

The OP was asking about that particular Timex electronic calibre.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...