Sportsmatic Weekdater loose crown

Hi, new to repairing, just getting my feet wet, so be prepared for me to use incorrect language, and have things explained like I'm 5 :)

A couple years ago, I purchased a Seiko Sportsmatic Weekdater, cal. 6619-7050. 

Soon after purchase, the crown detached from the stem, and I took it in to local watchmaker for repair. It was returned in apparently good shape, but actually the problem still exists. 

I'd like to learn how to fix the problem, and hopefully bring this watch back to my wrist. 

It appears that the crown screws onto the stem, but that is as far as I have got. 

Any assistance would be welcomed. I did find a service manual elsewhere, but I'm a bit lost as it's my first. 

2020-02-01 14.36.39.jpg

2020-02-01 14.37.50.jpg

Seiko Sportmatic 6619A.pdf

Just now, Trevelyan said:

I did notice the movement seems a bit loose in the case. Can either of you tell if it's missing anything from the pics, or do you need a better/different pic to tell? 

Once screwed in the caseback presses on the mov't ring, so nothing to worry.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi as jdm says use loctite or other thread locking cement. do not put too much on.       

Loctite is # 1.    the 3 basic strengths have been around for years.   if you want to remove it,   250 degres F.  will losen it.  vin  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vinn3 said:

Loctite is # 1.    the 3 basic strengths have been around for years.   if you want to remove it,   250 degres F.  will losen it.  vin  

i forgot to mention;   both surfaces need to be free of oil.   alcohol or acetone.   vin