Real or fake?

Hey was just looking at some watches online and just stumbled across this 'Rolex' and 'omega' I thought they looked a bit fake but wasn't sure about how genuine they were. The omega had some sort of tag but I couldn't identify  it however looked fairly decent

The listing said that it was there uncles and that they didnt know anything about them and when contacted repeated this and wouldn't take any more or higher quality pics

(Sorry for the low quality images they aren't mine)

Screenshot_20200131-223619_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200131-223630_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200131-223638_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200131-223654_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200131-223703_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200131-223714_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200131-224506_eBay.jpg

11 hours ago, Dylan123 said:

The listing said that it was there uncles and that they didnt know anything about them and when contacted repeated this and wouldn't take any more or higher quality pics

Which says it all. In my opinion:

• Learn on, or repair "for human cause" a fake watch which was passed to you: No problem.
  • Document how poorly or good they are made: Useful and interesting to read.
  • Defend counterfeiting with some convoluted reasoning, or wear them: Just opinions, or matter of (poor) taste.
  • Go out and willingly buy a fake watch: Hmmmm. Not to mention that is better not to let grow an illusion that it may be genuine after all. Buy an honest and modest watch with the same money - actually is not little money sometime.
  • Deceive a buyer as claiming or otherwise acting as if it's genuine: Crime of fraud.
  • Like 1

Let me think..

Scenario one  "uncle" had a genuine Omega, AND a genuine Rolex, and treated them like junk.

Scenario two  "uncle" had a fake Omega, AND a fake Rolex, and treated them like junk.

If I owned them, and they were genuine,  I'd keep them in the best of order, in their original boxes (*).

As it happens I have a similar "Faux-mega" in my junk box.

* Actually I'd probably flog them, original boxes included, and buy something else that I would enjoy even more... but you get my point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dylan123 said:

Didnt have a starting price, just thought it was interesting seeing as someone bidded £150 straight away meaning they thought this collection had some worth. 

Can be a baiting bid, or

"a fool and his money are soon parted" 

Hi I think jdm is very close.   I read an article where some dealers have a pal and when they put up articles for sale the pal puts in a bid(baiting bid) which attacts others but if its a (sale)  It does not reach the price required it pulled and no goods change hands and the article is again punted at a later date. One has to be carefull.  jdm's quote is a word to the wise.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AndyHull said:

Let me think..

Scenario one  "uncle" had a genuine Omega, AND a genuine Rolex, and treated them like junk.

Scenario two  "uncle" had a fake Omega, AND a fake Rolex, and treated them like junk.

If I owned them, and they were genuine,  I'd keep them in the best of order, in their original boxes (*).

As it happens I have a similar "Faux-mega" in my junk box.

* Actually I'd probably flog them, original boxes included, and buy something else that I would enjoy even more... but you get my point.

Yh agree with you there the Rolex looked kinda dodgy but omega looked pretty interesting also noted that rotary Guarantee that looked wierd because if someone was buying legit rotaries then you would think they wouldnt be in the mindset of fakes but whatever I guess. Also possible (but unlikely) that the box was somewhere else. 

The Rolex is definitely fake. The Omega I couldn't swear to it but I'd bet you it was.

As per AndyHull, no one, literally no one treats a luxury watch like those, i.e. thrown in a drawer rattling around getting scratched.

EVERYONE the seller included has heard of (at least the first one) Rolex and Omega and if they honestly thought they were genuine would have had them checked.

I don't even know if they make a two Tone yachtmaster but if so. That's several thousand in that one alone if it were genuine. Which it most assuredly isn't. (That sticker for one thing alone)

There'll always be someone willing to chance bidding to stumble across that mythical genuine old watch of uncle Fred's that's worth a fortune, but every instance I've ever heard of has been second third fourth or fifth hand and almost certainly allegorical.

The fact they won't take more pics tells you all you need to know anyway.

That pocket watch might be interesting though. But I certainly wouldn't be bidding much over £20 per piece maximum on that.

9 minutes ago, m1ks said:

The Rolex is definitely fake. The Omega I couldn't swear to it but I'd bet you it was.

As per AndyHull, no one, literally no one treats a luxury watch like those, i.e. thrown in a drawer rattling around getting scratched.

EVERYONE the seller included has heard of (at least the first one) Rolex and Omega and if they honestly thought they were genuine would have had them checked.

I don't even know if they make a two Tone yachtmaster but if so. That's several thousand in that one alone if it were genuine. Which it most assuredly isn't. (That sticker for one thing alone)

There'll always be someone willing to chance bidding to stumble across that mythical genuine old watch of uncle Fred's that's worth a fortune, but every instance I've ever heard of has been second third fourth or fifth hand and almost certainly allegorical.

The fact they won't take more pics tells you all you need to know anyway.

That pocket watch might be interesting though. But I certainly wouldn't be bidding much over £20 per piece maximum on that.

Thanks agree with you there. Just think it's strange how people shroud watches in mystery and that they know 'absolutely nothing about anything' in general as well if I was selling anything in fact a few google searches would tell you for 99% of things what they were and whether they are genuine. Just a different thought process I guess. Most people would probably get excited when they see a rolex not just stick it on some ebay auction.

Saying that I do like bidding on these type of things providing that the surrounding things can make up the value. Like a lottery really in a million chance of a win but worth it for the excitement. Theres a time and place for vintage Rolex's and its definitely not shoddy ebay auctions