Seikosha 851 Parts Source

bluerich

Hello to all. I'm working on a Seiko Champion 850 with a Seikosha 851 movement and I would like to replace the main spring and barrel. I looked on Cousins under branded parts but I didn't find Seikosha listed. I did see a post that seems to link it to Enicar 1010 but on Cousins data sheet the barrel cap looks different as it has a small cutout on the edge and mine is a solid cap all the way round the rim. Does anyone know if this movement went under a different name and calibre and where I can find parts under the name Seikosha? Also, there is the number 37 stamped under the balance but don't know if that has any meaning. I've posted pictures and any help is greatly appreciated.

Champion 850 Mvt  1.jpg

Champion 850 Mvt  2.jpg

Champion 850 Mvt  3.jpg

Champion 850 Mvt  4.jpg

Champion 850 Mvt  5.jpg

Champion 850 Mvt  6.jpg

Champion 850 Mvt  7.jpg

You are fixing a 70 years old mov't, is not like you can expect to easily find new part off the shelf. If the barrel can be reused of fixed do that, for the mainspring measure it and order the one closest in size.

• Like 1

Yes, it is an old timer jdm. I think I dated it to 1963 by the numbers on the inside of the case. I can reuse the barrel and haven't measured the mainspring yet but I know I can order by size as you suggest. I was curious about the mov't since I couldn't find any info & I've been pretty lucky looking up old mov't's that I come across. But you may have solved this for me rogart63. I didn't check Borel and went straight to my go to source which is Cousins. The link you sent does show SEK 851 and they have the mainspring listed for it. Once I measure the mainspring I'll compare to Borel and that may be it. Let you know and thanks so much.

• Like 1

The mainspring measured 1.25 x 0.12 x 390 x 10.48(barrel) and it doesn't match the one on JulesBorel. Cousins has a GR3148 that is close but obsolete. Closest they have is a GR3149 1.25 x .125 x 420 x 11 which I don't think will work so, I'll keep looking.

On 2/1/2020 at 5:36 AM, bluerich said:

The mainspring measured 1.25 x 0.12 x 390 x 10.48(barrel) and it doesn't match the one on JulesBorel. Cousins has a GR3148 that is close but obsolete. Closest they have is a GR3149 1.25 x .125 x 420 x 11 which I don't think will work so, I'll keep looking.

Would this work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mainspring-Ressort-Muelle-Zugfeder-Molla-SEIKO-840-4005-A-4006-A-5106-A-5126-A/163735974427?hash=item261f6cb21b:g:YQAAAOSww~BdBJ3J

Seiko springs are usually very good . So if it isn't broken u can probably reuse it . 

Edited by rogart63