How to Open Fiberglass Case

Lawren5

The case can break/ crack  around the bezel, take extreme care as you,

Pry the bezel in three or for positions, before you crack open.

Crystal can easily be lifted with regulars crystal lift, I can do it with a knife:woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

The stem is a two pieceR.

• Like 1

I applied some muscle and was able to pull the stem out and surprisingly it was not a two-piece stem as was expected. I noticed that the stem has two conical sections which work with a spring loaded post. Once the stem had been removed, a sharp knife was used to get underneath and remove the bezel. The crystal was removed with a crystal lift and the movement could then be lifted out.

tissot_stem.JPG

tissot.JPG

• Thanks 1

Watchweasol - I've posted a couple of pictures as you have requested. The keyless works isn't much different than any other except that it uses a chamfered stem and a setting lever stud instead of a screw. The setting lever is held in place by the setting lever spring. Depressing the stud allows for easy removal of the stem. When the movement is in the case, pulling on the stem causes the chamfered section of the stem to hit the setting lever overcoming the spring tension, raising the setting lever and allowing stem removal.

tissot_set_lever_1.JPG

tissot_set_lever_2.JPG