Need opinion

6 hours ago, jdrichard said:

Is this a good diver watch? 

What do you mean? It's a vintage piece, you can find the asking price of similar ones on chrono24. 

BTW, you have posted in the projects section that is to show others how things are done, if you want just show a watch or discuss we have both a watch collection and and a general watch discussion section. 

Edited by jdm

Probably not with that gasket :wacko:

But if sealed to original factory spec then yes, it should be good for a static pressure equivalent to a depth of 666ft of water.

However, even with new replacement gaskets (back and crown) and a new crystal, you may struggle get it to achieve original spec. It's a 54 year old and over time it's possible that the surface condition of the sealing surfaces of the back and case, the crystal seat, and the crown could have deteriorated, even if only very slightly, making the original spec difficult to realize. It all depends on how those surfaces have fared over the last half century.

You can really only make that judgement after a pressure test.

On the other hand, as a desk diver it's brilliant :D

• Like 1

Probably not with that gasket :wacko:
But if sealed to original factory spec then yes, it should be good for a static pressure equivalent to a depth of 666ft of water.
However, even with new replacement gaskets (back and crown) and a new crystal, you may struggle get it to achieve original spec. It's a 54 year old and over time it's possible that the surface condition of the sealing surfaces of the back and case, the crystal seat, and the crown could have deteriorated, even if only very slightly, making the original spec difficult to realize. It all depends on how those surfaces have fared over the last half century.
You can really only make that judgement after a pressure test.
On the other hand, as a desk diver it's brilliant [emoji3]

Thanks. It is not working, so first I need to strip it down an see where the issue (s) are. I do agree that a desk diver is where it belongs. I did get another diver yesterday. Bostok Amphibian655377b3f9e9d3a15094c3c9fb75dae4.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

On 1/31/2020 at 2:20 PM, watchweasol said:

Hi JD  looks a decent watch plenty if information available on the 11ALAC,  suitably sealed and pressure tested I would wear it for sure.

It is a quality movement, what I like about it especially, is its bush bearing rotor.

Some come with permanently sealed barrels. 

In my book its design is superior to ETA, more like zenith movements.

• Like 1

It is a quality movement, what I like about it especially, is its bush bearing rotor.
Some come with permanently sealed barrels. 
In my book its design is superior to ETA, more like zenith movements.

A lot of history in this company and the watches are built like tanks. I now have two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro