Your opinion please.

Im am currently shopping for my new watch. I have narrowed it down to two. The first is the Sinn 104 st sa b on a fine link bracelet. The other is an Edox 01114 3M BUIN Chronoffshore. The Sinn sports a Sellita 220-1 and the Edox carries the well tested workhorse ETA Valjoux 7750.

This is where asking for opinions comes in. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which movement is more reliable. From what I've read on the web there isn't much difference, as Sellita is very practiced at recreating ETA's movements. It seems that its kind of a heated debate so I hope I didn't just start a war lol. Thanks in advance. 

• Confused 1

The sellita isn't a crono but it has a beautiful blue sunburst dial. I tend to go for the look too, once quality is established, but I can't decide between the 2 so I was trying to find something to make my choice for me like maybe one has a better movement lol. Service cost is surely a concern. That helps thank you

8 hours ago, watchweasol said:

I would say both movements are as you know are tried and tested Sellitia being an builder and supplier of ETA movements in the past, so on that score its down to personal choice in the watch case and design which is entirely yours.

But but...... I can't decide so i was trying to find a clear cut way of something choosing for me lol. Someone else mentioned cost to service one vs the other and that for sure helps. Thank you for your input.

1 hour ago, Poolshark0 said:

The sellita isn't a crono but it has a beautiful blue sunburst dial. I tend to go for the look too, once quality is established, but I can't decide between the 2 so I was trying to find something to make my choice for me like maybe one has a better movement lol. Service cost is surely a concern. That helps thank you

I love them sunburst dials. They don,t make them as radiant anymore , in modern pieces I mean.

ETA 7750 movement is superior though and will keep good resale value.

Best wishes.

30 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

when changing my car last year i ,  was in the same dilema,  A merc or a  Bmw both nice motors about the same price, but only one would take a tow bar,  That was the one that won, The Bmw    some times choice is a hard thing to make.

Im very happy this is my only problem at the moment lol.