7S26 balance collet

Question

6 answers to this question

Is there a special tool to turn the collet which has a tapered shape without a slot.  I also believe the hair spring is held on by glue. 

On Seiko there is usually a beat adjuster. It is where the hairspring is attached to the balance cock. It can be moved by VERY CAREFULLY pushing it one way or the other to adjust the beat error. I’m assuming the reason you want to move the collet is to adjust the position of the balance table pin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
33 minutes ago, Elton said:

The beat adjuster stud was  out together with hairspring. That,s the reason for asking a way to move the collet for in beat alignment. Thank you for the feedback.

As mentioned, with a moveable end stud arm, beat error is adjusted there. For the 7S26 there are two types of end stud, not sure what do you mean that it was out. 

1 hour ago, Elton said:

The beat adjuster stud was  out together with hairspring. That,s the reason for asking a way to move the collet for in beat alignment. Thank you for the feedback.

Are you saying the entire balance and spring is separated from the cock? If so reattach the stud to the adjusting arm, then regulate from there. There should not be glue there but Bergeon makes a set of hairspring collect pliers, they are quite expensive though.

5 minutes ago, Elton said:

I removed the hair spring n stud because the spring was tangled up by accident. 

Ok so iam guessing you need to remove the hairspring in order to fix it.  Hairspring issues are a common problem with the 7s26. 

There are two levers you can use to remove the hairspring.

Edited by saswatch88

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• So what you guys are saying is I need to hire a sound and boom guy? 😄
    • Actually all it would take is something to slip over the installation anvil to make it a concave support and it could then be used for both installation and removal.
    • 20X    is strong enough.  will you show picture of hairspring and end stones. there usually are two little screws that hold end stone plate down,  just drop the cock in coca-cola let soak for 20 to 40  hrs, you would need to dress a screwdriver blade for perfect fit in slot of the two little screws  then lay the cock on a bench, press screw driver balde with a little force into the slot of screws and unscrew em, they opens with incredable ease when soaked in coke. Check, clean, peg if you can, lube and reinstall end stones, let us see a close up of jewels. End shake is your free axial play on balance staff, so use an oiler to lift balance wheel, you should see an axial free play, ideally .02mm is good. In case you see no end shake, you can shim up or gauge the cock to create some end shake. Check if impulse jewel is damaged or loose and it has to be way out of adjustmemt not to continue running. Keep us posted please.                
    • This is my China made case tube extractor. The pin presses the case against a teflon support. In compression mode, it's less likely to distort the case.  Is it possible to configure your tool to compress from the inside of the case?
    • Afternoon all, I’ve just ordered a crystal press and a replacement crystal for a friends watch, the crystal was all cracked and fell to pieces when pressed from the inside. The gasket is still intact and seated in place and I plan to re-use it. However, am I best to leave the gasket in-situ and press the new crystal in to it, or do I remove the gasket and loosely seat in on the bezel along with the crystal then press them both in to place?. Thanks