7S26 balance collet

Question

6 answers to this question

Is there a special tool to turn the collet which has a tapered shape without a slot.  I also believe the hair spring is held on by glue. 

On Seiko there is usually a beat adjuster. It is where the hairspring is attached to the balance cock. It can be moved by VERY CAREFULLY pushing it one way or the other to adjust the beat error. I’m assuming the reason you want to move the collet is to adjust the position of the balance table pin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The beat adjuster stud was  out together with hairspring. That,s the reason for asking a way to move the collet for in beat alignment. Thank you for the feedback.

33 minutes ago, Elton said:

The beat adjuster stud was  out together with hairspring. That,s the reason for asking a way to move the collet for in beat alignment. Thank you for the feedback.

As mentioned, with a moveable end stud arm, beat error is adjusted there. For the 7S26 there are two types of end stud, not sure what do you mean that it was out. 

1 hour ago, Elton said:

Are you saying the entire balance and spring is separated from the cock? If so reattach the stud to the adjusting arm, then regulate from there. There should not be glue there but Bergeon makes a set of hairspring collect pliers, they are quite expensive though.

5 minutes ago, Elton said:

I removed the hair spring n stud because the spring was tangled up by accident. 

Ok so iam guessing you need to remove the hairspring in order to fix it.  Hairspring issues are a common problem with the 7s26. 

There are two levers you can use to remove the hairspring.

Edited by saswatch88

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Hello all, Very, very new to this watch repair lark but reading and Youtubing my way along. No doubt you will see some exceedingly stupid questions coming along from me shortly. Thanks.
    • Welcome back my friend.
    • Hi all, I have had to install several times second hand on my omegas (10xx) that were a pain due to their soft spring. I have not an omega holder, so I made my own "tool" from a piece of copper wire with the end filed flat. I removed the auto weight whose axle lays just below seconds pinion, and dropped the wire to just lay on the seconds pinion. Then marked the wire where it exits from the rotor hole and bent it from the mark to make an "L" with the shaft measuring just the length from the rotor base to the seconds pinion. Let it go through the rotor hole and check that shaft goes all the way down, to ensure no pressure will damage the seconds pinion or axle.   Simply lay it on the movement, support with a piece of tape and lay the movement on a flat surface. with the new "L" tool lying on the bench. The seconds axle will remain in place while installing the hand. Not a high tech solution, but it served me. I hope it helps you, taking care to not miss axle length, better short than long Sorry, but I have not better photos, I did new just to give you an idea. The last two are the actual size and position on my watch Regards
    • Just a brief Hello, I have not been active on the forum for some time but without going into detail there have been a few health setbacks and deterioration of sight has not helped. Ironically I have just recently been given an excellent watch makers lathe and am enjoying my practise with it.  I am still tinkering but it takes much longer than it used to. I have an ancestors company verge fusee pocket watch in pieces at the moment, it is signed but as with these items probably not much of his own work gone into it.  I will be working on it from time to time but parts may be an issue. Also an Omega bumper is in pieces, cleaned and ready to work on.  So not quite written off yet. If anyone is interested, John Robey has published a PDF on Academia about Sam Harlow, one of my Ancestors from the line of Ashbourne Clock and Watchmakers,a Long Case Clockmaker.  Its quite interesting, obviously to me, but others may be interested, I may have a word with him and get permission to put it on the Forum for folks. Anyway, hello to everyone for now and I will be popping back again from time to time. Cheers, Vic  
    • What Joe explains is good practice as it tests the balance and allows good observation of the same   and not having to worry about the fork engagement as the balance is free swinging.