Swiza Clock Spring (cal 8)

Nikia

Hi guys, a friend of mine gave me this Swiza clock to repair.

Upon opening, the spring holding the barrel click (idk its exact name in english, but pretty sure you guys can figure out what I’m talking about) was broken and free roaming in the movement.

Anyone knows what part is this and/or where to source a new one?

Pics of the spring and movement:

aafed35a1ce01eb3dc7fc9611bbaf931.jpg15a97051ce3d2154093ad295cf635b77.jpg

I would call it a stop spring. It is part of the winding that allows the the alarm to work off one spring. Underneath the winding key you have what looks like a star that fits over the arbor, next to another shaped wheel fixed to the top plate. Wind the clock right up. The star is placed with the one part that is longer. Alarm rings and runs down, the star part with the long finger traps so the alarm cannot ring anymore after a little, that broken spring prevents the click from falling out of place.   

imageproxy.jpg

• Like 1

Hi  It Is as Old Hippy says, the parts probably at cousins uk. the attached tech document explains the fitting and set up of the stopwork.
2797_Swiza NEW (1).pdf

I found the part in the bay thanks to this. Thank you very much!

Meanwhile I cleaned and reassembled it, now to the oiling: how am I supposed to oil the pin pallet fork? I never dealt with one of these. I usually put a bit of 9415 on the pallet jewels, but how to properly lubricate those pinned ones? Should I put a bit of 9010 on every X teeth of the escape wheel?

Alright, to the last updates: the clock ticks, but after 5 to 10 balance spins it stops like it has no power. It starts again if I spin the balance manually. The mainspring is wound, but looks like it can’t deliver power as it should. The alarm works perfectly.

For lubrication I am using HP 1300 for slow moving parts, 9010 for escapement, balance and seconds wheel. Molykote DX on every steel on steel parts.

Are you sure you have the alarm stop work the right way. The m/springs are very powerful in the 8 day movements, the main fault you can get is the large wheel holes and pivots wear, have you checked that? I would take the stop work off and see if power is in the train, You might need to make sure power is off, remove balance and pallets and try with a little power, just a turn of the key should send power through. 

imageproxy.jpg

I just followed your advice: if I remove balance and pallet fork every wheel turns as it should. So I guess something’s wrong with the fork. Upon inspection it doesn’t seem to have any sign of wear to me, but still somehow it makes the escape wheel stop. The escape wheel theets are fine too, so I may have to order a fork to check out if that’s the problem.

77a667748ac00c04c54818ce880484a2.jpg&key=0baf6e0df1d336c981fbcd5189d68f40a519e883139dd3ecba07baf2d7a27ba3

I’ll try to take a pic of the escapement wheel as soon as I can. There may be a teeth worn that I didn’t saw.. At some point, the escapement start to go back and forth instead of his normal turning, and that’s when the balance stops. It starts again with a little manual swing just to stop again a little later