Sign in to follow this  
Ruairidh

Russian Mechanical Stop Watches

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• If the label said 12.68Z, what made you say they were for 12.68N? Regarding my own hands, my initial thought was that they were corroded. However, when you suggested they might be painted it got more confusing. They do have corrosion-esque texture, but it could very well be some kind of aged paint with patina. The color is a dark grey, without any discernible hints of the typical reddish/orange rust color. As for what type of hands I should have, I really don't know. Been trying to find an example of the same watch without much luck. When I bought it I somewhat figured it might be a redial, with someone adding the "Sport Chief" text to the dial. I've read some debates about Sport Chief redials on omegaforums, but they basically have two competing viewpoints; Sport Chief redials are common, typically to add value to watches with the popular 30L movement (which mine doesn't have), and Sport Chief redials are uncommon, as there is no real demand for Sport Chiefs. However, upon receiving the watch, the text is very uniform, has the exact same texture and color, the same protrusion and reflective properties. Still though, I can't find many pictures of Sport Chiefs with a painted logo instead of the typical metal insert. One of the closest matches I've found had straight hands with center gaps for lume, but the subdial on that one was still different from mine, so I didn't feel certain that those were the hands mine should have as well.  Anywho, I somewhat enjoy the hunt for the truth, although it delays the process of fixing the watch up to a standard I can be happy with. Gonna add some more close up photos of the dial text/logo and hands, so whoever want to can chime in. Excuse the glare on this one, but  it was the only way to capture the refraction/glare and protrusion in a picture. And the final one is a better lit close-up image of the hands. 
    • I have no intention of buying it.
    • Quartz modules can fail in the most unpredictable ways, circuit for this module is GBP 63, complete module 90, (prices + VAT from Cousins UK). Unless you can live without chrono working.
    • Hi  Guys  I have an international ultrasonic valve driven  the machine works ok but the ultrasonic does not, Bought as a project several years ago still waiting to be done. I will post some pics sometime..  As JerseyMo's one is a single valve, get stuck in and have a go, It might make a big bang so power it up in the yard.
    • Hi  I would check this out with a gieger counter.