watch strap fixings

Hi,

I've got this Lorus digital watch whose strap broke a year or so ago. On the plus side, that caused me to get into mechanical watches, and indeed fixing them. But I still like this watch, and would like to be able to wear it.

But here's the problem: i can't find a watch strap that I can fit onto it!  It doesn't use a spring bar, just has a steel rod that passes through a lug on the strap, then the case, then the strap again (see pics). But I can't find any kind of replacement - nothing that fits in the same way. Lorus doesn't do a replacement strap - i've emailed them and their parent company seiko, and I know the watch only cost 20 quid or something, but I don't want to chuck away a perfectly good watch, a watch that works well and I like, all because I can't get a strap.

Anyone know where I can find a strap that will work? I've tried ebay, amazon, cousins and one or two other watch parts places, but nothing.

Any ideas?

20200124_125918.jpg

20200124_125906.jpg

Have you tried this type of strap ? I don't know what they are called but they come in various shapes and sizes. I would imagine that the metallic rod comes out and can be replaced with such a strap and its springbar ? There are also bracelets like this as well. Not as common as the traditional ones but they exist. CousinsUK has such models, or at least had at some point.

1277d1f733afd07436953ccf3448f64e.gif

Edited by Chopin
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chopin said:

Have you tried this type of strap ? I don't know what they are called but they come in various shapes and sizes. I would imagine that the metallic rod comes out and can be replaced with such a strap and its springbar ? There are also bracelets like this as well. Not as common as the traditional ones but they exist. CousinsUK has such models, or at least had at some point.

The pins are called screw end or screw head strap pin, prices start at £1.99. regular straps can be cut to fit.

Thanks all for your replies.

watchweasol - yes, i've been onto lorus/seiko, and even got a reply which was that they do not make or sell replacement straps for that watch. Bit annoying to be honest when the watch is actually really good for what it is.

I will look into  those other straps tho - thanks everyone.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 10:05 AM, Chopin said:

GOOD IDEA  !   vin