Greetings to all, new member Grimmm

Grimmm

Hello to all, nice to be invited into this group of like minded people. A little about my interest in watches, it comes from my passion for all things mechanical, cars, engines, tool making, and now watches. I can remember that at an early age I amazed my parents by disassembling a non-working coo coo clock, couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 at the time, but I had taken it apart and laid it out on the porch floor nice and neatly like an exploded parts diagram. Unfortunately I wasn't quite up to re-assembly, no helpful cellphone pictures back in the day.

I'm starting out with a few project watches pulled from the back of the dresser drawer. There's a mid 80's Seiko needing a new crystal, a couple of old Elgin tank watches from my Granddad needing cleaning, and my real prize is a late 1950's Enicar Sherpa dive watch needing water damage repair. Yeah I can remember the summer day swimming with that watch and seeing the droplet of water on the wrong side of the crystal. But that's a project for later, after I've gotten more familiar with basic mechanics of watch repair.

Mark, I must say thank you for all your videos on YouTube, they are exceptional.