Fake oris?

I have a citizen eco drive I’m not fond of and am planning on trading a buddy for either an old oris or a seiko 5.  Here is all I have to go on of the oris...I like the colours of the dial and it looks to be about 38mm which is my cut off for wearability...but when I google vintage oris I can’t seem to find any that look quite like this one.  It makes me worry it’s fake.  Any tips on what to look for when I see it?

DA2CFC9E-6C90-485A-880D-53D1C1A9538E.png

Sorry to say it’s a fake. Loads of that dial style on ebay. They’re made in India. Should be a white plastic retaining ring holding a 17 jewel movement if you open the back. I know because I got caught too and moved it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. This guy has been reported about a 1000 times. Its ashamed as many times as this style oris has been reported that ebay still allows them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crikey, thanks guys.  I will open up my buddies faux-ris and have a look-see.  I’m curious to see why it looks like.  I’ll look for the white ring and anything else stamped on it.  I won’t proceed with the trade though.  I think the seiko 5 is too small for me so I’ll likely just not make the deal at all .  That’s a shame.

I’d take this watch for 20 bucks if it wasn’t a counterfeit.  There’s plenty of nice Chinese watches for under 50 bucks on all the China sites that aren’t frauds.
Totally agree. Its all about value. I have a few nice chinese watches......paid a bit more than 50 bucks though. 29daaa01db0d60b50d1ac0b840acdfb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ST96 movements Oris used were signed on one of the bridges, crowns were signed  as well as the case backs, however, dials are the rare and valuable hallmarks. Even if all parts were original, a non genuine dial, knocks the value of the piece down to that of used parts.

ST96 movements currently made in India are at worst of slightly inferior quality to vintage Asian made one's put in Oris. Only Oris calibers were swiss made.