Seiko Pogue Bezel

Hi all, I had a Seiko Pogue delivered today, an opportunity I couldn’t refuse being my birth year and month!

Problem now is, do I change the bezel insert to an after market version or do I stick with the one fitted?

How easy are they to change??

3b1154fe4ea567eef3adf7db131c97ef.jpg

Cheers,

Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@carlos123 ... considering the really good condition of both watch and dial I would put an aftermarket one ... $15 only on eBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223245146447

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

It wouldn’t surprise me if the one fitted was aftermarket anyways? Do you know how to exchange the insert?

Cheers,

Carl

It wouldn’t surprise me if the one fitted was aftermarket anyways? Do you know how to exchange the insert?

Cheers,

Carl

Never worked on a Pogue but most Seiko inserts are press-fit.
What I would do is to remove the bezel ring first then pop the insert off pushing from the "inside" of the bezel.
Then press the new insert in using a crystal press with nylon dies and press the bezel back on.
But that's only "what I would do" on "my watch" of course ... proceed as you feel it and at your own risk [emoji6]

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

Would be interesting to know is this is actually original, if it is I’ll keep it on the watch. One of the things I have noticed is that there looks like an intentional dimple between the 75 & 80 mark which the aftermarket variants don’t have?
97b542332a33f207bd82c26338f9f3cb.jpg

5 hours ago, carlos123 said:

Would be interesting to know is this is actually original, if it is I’ll keep it on the watch. One of the things I have noticed is that there looks like an intentional dimple between the 75 & 80 mark which the aftermarket variants don’t have?

Looking at your pics (though blurry)  I would say 100% original ...

1 - no marker on the insert below 60 ... some aftermarket inserts have one but I've never seen an original insert with a marker at 60

2 - 1m, markers much thinner than 5mn markers ... on 80% of aftermarket inserts all markers have the same thickness

3 - numbers about the same thickness than 5mn markers (so larger than the 1mn markers) ... typically original IMHO

I have no idea about the dimple between 75 and 80 but who cares ?

• Like 1

Looking at your pics (though blurry)  I would say 100% original ...
1 - no marker on the insert below 60 ... some aftermarket inserts have one but I've never seen an original insert with a marker at 60
2 - 1m, markers much thinner than 5mn markers ... on 80% of aftermarket inserts all markers have the same thickness
3 - numbers about the same thickness than 5mn markers (so larger than the 1mn markers) ... typically original IMHO
I have no idea about the dimple between 75 and 80 but who cares ?

Thanks for that, you’ve saved me £20 [emoji28]