Rolex datejust 2 azure blue 3136 2017

Jacko

Hi Guys,

I puchased a Rolex datejust 2 azure blue roman dials with 3136 movement. However, I am having a problem with this watch. To the point, the problem is a sticky crown! Every time I unscrew the crown to get to zero position (after I screwed the crown off I always give it a little spin so it fully pops out) I come across a problem - the crown is sticky and doesnt allow me to fully pull it first to the date setting position and then time setting position. It seems stuck. The only solution is to spin it few times little woble aswell and then it allows me to pull it out. I carry on spinning it till it is not sticky anymore! Also I noticed that problems occurs more when the watch isnt wound at all. If its nearly fully wound the crown problem occurs less often. I read some threads about rolex sticky crown that people say its "normal" but lets be honest, I have watches for the fracture of the price of the Rolex and the problem does not occur with them. I hope people who know mechanical movements inside out could help me with that. I already contacted the dealer and waiting for the return labels so they can send it back to rolex and hopefully get it fixed, because after paying 6 grand feels more like I have a knock-off than a genuine rolex which supposed to make you 110 % satisfied(yes I have a genuine rolex).

3741A385-FFF6-42FC-86C1-5697A7E20094.jpeg

6 minutes ago, jdm said:

As you mentioned the seller or manufacturer will take care of that as it is under warranty, what kind of help were you looking for? 

I just wanted to know if someone has ever come across such problem. Also, the watch is a second hand Rolex and the dealer said the watch had been serviced before sold to me. So thought maybe some butcher "watchmaker" has put his hands on it and I'd be better off returning the watch and purchasing another one. Just concerned if its something serious or not to be honest. Took me a while to save up for it, and it rose my concerns. Thank you for your reply. 

Since I don't have the watch to "feel" it I can't tell but given that it's a pre-owned buy it's possible that there's some dirt/gunk inside, maybe inside the movement which would mean that it was not serviced or that it was "serviced" in a really incorrect way.

Lots of sellers offer "serviced" watches. Does everything else work correctly ?

It could be something a bit more complexe but it could also be something simpler. Either way the watch should be opened up for inspection...

Edited by Chopin

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

I just wanted to know if someone has ever come across such problem. Also, the watch is a second hand Rolex and the dealer said the watch had been serviced before sold to me.

Problems can happen with any watch and to any watch repairer, that is why a warranty is given. You have the right to receive a piece in perfect conditions and a reputable dealer will strive to make so it happens. At this time you have nothing to worry. 

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Problems can happen with any watch and to any watch repairer, that is why a warranty is given. You have the right to receive a piece in perfect conditions and a reputable dealer will strive to make so it happens. At this time you have nothing to worry. 

I have had bad experience with dealers before, lets hope it can be solved easily. You recon its something serious? problem with the stem or movement itself ?

Thank you

Just now, Jacko said:

I have had bad experience with dealers before, lets hope it can be solved easily. You recon its something serious? problem with the stem or movement itself ?

It would be pointless and not professional to speculate without examining the piece in first person. Let the dealer accomplish his obligations and give the repairer a chance to correct the problem. You could even ask for a full refund but either way is not helpful to get stressed.

• Like 2