• Similar Content

• By PaulnKC
      All,
      I am very nearsighted (between -6 and -7 in both eyes). With astigmatism. Now, in my late 50's I also have significant nearsightedness.
      I thought a flip up visor - which I could wear with my glasses would be best. I purchased an OptiVisor with a flip-down loupe. But not happy at all with the visual quality.
      I know you get what you pay for in optics. What is the best type of device for someone with old-bad eyes.
      I have never used a regular loupe - but thinking that may be the way to go. Any of you guys (or gals) have a reccomendation?
      -Paul
    • By rduckwor
      If this is inappropriate, please delete the post.

I have an acquaintance who is closing his shop due to health after 43 years.  He has a large quantity of parts, stems, crowns, crystals and all the paraphernalia one would accumulate after a long period in the business.  He needs to liquidate his shop.  This isn't a "Hey do you have a __ for a __." kind of post.  We're talking serious stuff here.  Mass quantities.   If you need parts, equipment, etc. for your practice, please let me know.  I will pass along his email contact  to you.  Obviously, this is useful primarily only to those in the U.S. due to shipping costs.  But he has a huge amount of useful goods and is 100 miles South of Atlanta.  PM me if you need something.

Thanks,

RMD
    • By BrianG1
      Hi, I have a few bits and pieces, and clocks. And I am very interested in horology tips, conunundrms etc.
    • By Giuseppe
      I'm having some unexpected behaviour from a eta 7750 that I'm trying to regulate after servicing.
      I went through service procedure using correct lubricants.
      Everything went fine. Actually I have some doubt on lubrication of incabloc wich I'm not sure I did correctly since I'm afraid that too much oil was placed in one of the two stones.
      The fact is that when I finished I wasn't brave enough to clean and lubricate it again ... shame on me but I felt that task to be very very difficult.
      Anyway after reassembling the watch I had it at my wrist for a week and it showed a great consistency at -10 sec a day.
      It'a stop grade movement and resting at night in DU, DD 9UP and 3UP positions always showed something between -14 -6
      I was very happy with that result and I thought that a little regulation would have brought it to a very fine time keeping.
      Then I reopened the caseback and slightly moved etachron arm, that was resting in a nearly neutral position, in the + direction.
      Nothing happened (measuring with timegrapher open source app)
      Did it again, another slight push.
      Nothing
      ? ok I must have gone the wrong direction, then pushed all the way toward   - 
      Nothing happened.
      Ok this is annoying, all the way toward +
      nothing
      here I am, 
      what I'm I missing?
      How come moving the regulator arm from - to + does not make any variation?
      I'm lost
    • By marcoskaiser
      Would it be interesting for this forum to set up a list where we could exchange things like parts and tools?  I happen to have duplicate tools from my lot purchases, and feel that those could be better used. No money involved. Would that be feasible?