eBay dilemma

Good Day everyone!,   I’m not sure this is an Industry problem but it kinda fits in. 

i won an auction on eBay by actually being the only bid on a watch. It was the opening bid price and the seller had listed a Buy it Now price too. Since none else bid I won for half the BIN price. I paid right away, everything was going smooth and then..... the seller emails me to say he mis-placed the watch and was going to ask eBay to refund me!  Yet not a day later I see it listed for auction again, with a different item number but the exact same photos!  I shot a note to the guy telling he can’t resell my watch and he just replied, saying he doesn’t know how it relisted!

boy oh boy.

I'm not entirely sure how eBay deals with this but, I do believe that under certain circumstances he might be able to do this. I believe it matters what kind of reasoning he used to cancel the auction/sale.

Sad, but it happens... He probably wanted more for the item.

If in fact the guy is ducking a sale it is a douchy thing to do. Not much you can do about it other than report it to ebay. You could sue for breach of contract but my guess is the cost to do so would far outweigh the value of the watch. Cut your losses and move on. You could just also bid on the item again. In defense of the seller the ebay listing is a bit of a complicated affair with all the options. It is possible he meant to set a reserve price and just didnt know how.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk