New Member Say Hi

DJT2

Hi folks, Just wanted to introduce myself & say hi.

I'm relatively new to this hobby. I started getting interested in watches a few years back when I purchased (dare I say this) a cheap replica watch on holiday. Lol.. However, from this I began to learn about watches, from necessity really as it kept breaking.

I found Marks channel on YouTube approx 6 months ago & I'm glued. I've learnt so much & can't wait to put some of the things in practice.

I'm just about to start my first real project which will include an eta 2824-2 tissot movement which I will be stripping, cleaning, oiling & finishing off with the h4 conversion.

Welcome to the forum - and good luck with your project!

Thanks for your encouragement

A warm welcome from Scotland (actually it's snowing just now). That's a quality movement you're starting off with, keep us posted regarding progress! :-)

Thanks Geo, Yes I've been lucky enough to score a few Swiss eta movements from a chap who was clearing out his attic. He is a retired watchSmith & I managed to buy a 2836.2 longines, a 2824.2 Tissot & a 2834 Tissot movement & there all nos.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello DJT

Sorry to be tardy in my welcome but its good to have you here.

Just wondered how you are getting on with the eta 2824-2.

Cheers,

Vic

Hi Vic, Thanks for the kind welcome, I've not actually started my 2824-2 project yet. I've been trying to get all my ducks in a row first, in for a penny & all that.

So I purchased of eBay & collect this weekend.

e39d452b613ebe5fd7fa9613c9079723.jpg

I also ordered from China a 3.5x - 90x zoom stereo microscope.

a90e8f4476f53b4a3f9e51c529e377a7.jpg

A truck load of bits from cousins & finally a spanking new chair to sit on.

I've always said "Go big or go home" lol just hope the wife doesn't find out. As soon as everything arrives then I can start my journey.

I know your in the purchase mode at present but if you do purchase a lathe set the microscope up over it.

It's an amazing help with the small stuff ( cutting rivets off stubborn balance staffs where you have to be soooo careful etc etc)

It will be a while before I even look at a lathe, I've only just learnt how to hold a screwdriver lol.

Go big or go home :money: . Know it well although I still have loups and ultrasonics LOL. So I guess I'm Go slow, or go get a loan :phew:

That 2824-2 is a solid, simple one to get started on. Good luck, you'll have fun with it.

Welcome!

Edited by Gotwatch