Its a Universal, should I buy this

Hi all,  Seller claims it is in good running condition, obviously can use a good clean and needs few screws.

Is dial paint original?

How about parts availability? What kind of budget for parts do you think I should appropriate?

Your opinion please, never had a universal.

IMG_۲۰۲۰۰۱۱۸_۲۰۱۰۵۵_۰۰۸.jpg

IMG_۲۰۲۰۰۱۱۸_۲۰۱۲۱۶_۱۶۳.jpg

Would need more and better photos.

At first glance that looks like a redial. Crown is a replacement ? Seems slightly different in color than the case and possibly bigger than what it should be. What about the hands ? Wouldn't be surprised if those are non-genuine either.

I don't know the movement so can't tell about that one. Seems alright but we'd need to compare it to others...

The case clamps are installed wrong. They should go inside the case so to speak which is actually a retaining ring that can come out with the whole movement I believe.

Edited by Chopin
  • Thanks 1

By coincidence I have one of these lovely watches with me at this time. It was almost running but after opening it - which took all the power of the bench opener-- it doesn't anymore?!? Waiting to know if the owner will accept my modest estimate for service. 

Now for the value aspect, I don't really know first hand, but for a realistic estimate I would check chrono24 and subtract 20% from the asking price of the better comparable piece.