Duofix shock spring

clockboy

Here is my tale of woe:

I was asked to look at a very poorly running Rotary watch( 9GS00309/01). It is a skeleton style watch and looking through its clear insert case back I could see the cap jewel was missing. When I opened the case I found the jewel BUT the shock spring had been trapped in the winding stem and is now non reparable. It looks like it was a Duofix which is strange because the dial side s/spring is a KIF trior. I have tried to fit a Trior but they just don't fit (either just too small or just too big)

So by any chance have anyone have in their stock a Duofix Shock spring it's size is approx. 2.25mm. This is what they look like.

1366154771_ScreenShot2020-01-17at13_13_22.png.1ab185920de5a216956ef90e4b9760ad.png

Yep I have seen them pics too. I have tried all sizes of Trior ie Kif 1-3, 1-4, 1-5. neither of them fit. The spring that was mangled in the stem was a Duofix. Maybe a previous repairer had fitted the wrong spring hence why it has fallen out. This afternoon I have managed to modify a incabloc spring which fits (just)  and the watch is now on test.  I did try and modify a Trior by putting a curve in it using my staking tool as if you look at the pics the springs are not flat. This did not work either. What fun!!!

Just noticed whilst studying the pics is they are not Trior. They are very similar but not Trior. What they are I will have to investigate. 

• Like 1

I'm really bad as far as vocabulary goes in this area but here goes:

Judging from the incabloc slot it sure looks like a triple/trior or whatever you call it spring should go in there. I remember working on one quite recently and it had the same system. You'd fit in one "foot", rotate slightly and insert the 2nd and then the 3d.

There's quite a couple of variations so maybe they don't use a "traditional" triple spring.