Missing case bezel - what to do?

deni2s

One of my pre 1940 chronographs projects is missing case bezel - not the divers rotating style one, but regular bezel, where the crystal fits into.

Can't source it anywhere, as it's bigger than most bezels - the inner part diameter where it fits on the watch is 36,9mm.

Any recommendations where to look or where I can order custom made?

One of my pre 1940 chronographs projects is missing case bezel - not the divers rotating style one, but regular bezel, where the crystal fits into.

Can't source it anywhere, as it's bigger than most bezels - the inner part diameter where it fits on the watch is 36,9mm.

Any recommendations where to look or where I can order custom made?

Could you provide some more info please ?

1 - pics of your watch ... plus pics of a complete watch with bezel if you have some

2 - is the crystal a plexi that fits over a rehaut (then the bezel is pressed over the plexi) or else ?

3 - which is the with of your watch case ? (to estimate the overall diameter of the bezel you need)

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

Is it for your Landeron Hahn 2 monopusher here ?

If YES you could need a bezel with the same profile as the one below

124fcf8c68949467d83ee0004c515b13.jpg.ef581e8dea8b37840992b278c3d246da.jpg

I have a good friend here in France who's job is working on lathes, and he's really good at that !!!

So depending on where you're based I suppose he can custom made a bezel for you.

What he would need is :

- external diameter of the bezel (overall diameter of the watchcase - exact size)

- internal diameter of the bezel (overall diameter of the plexi - minus a tiny part of a millimeter)

- supposed overall height of the bezel (you'll have to measure the vertical part of the plexi and decide how tall should be the bezel)

- height of the watch midcase to estimate the height of the vertical part of the bezel (seems to be about 1/3 of the case height)

Starting from that you can discuss with hil about all the detals and ... price of course (but he's a nice guy).

Let me know the dimensions listed above and I'll ask if he could turn that and if he says "yes" I'll PM you his email adress (or he can become a member here) then let you deal with him.

Yes, that's the watch. Width of the case is 39mm, external diameter of the bezel is 38mm (judging by marks on case), looks like internal diameter should be 32,5mm (judging by marks on dial), but let's make sure some standard size plexi can be fitted. Midcase height is 3,5mm. 

There is a link to exactly the same watch restored with bezel for reference: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?md=read;id=89267

I wonder if stepped case bezel could be made instead. ( I think stepped case bezel looks more cool on those watches.)

15 minutes ago, deni2s said:

Yes, that's the watch. Width of the case is 39mm, external diameter of the bezel is 38mm (judging by marks on case), looks like internal diameter should be 32,5mm (judging by marks on dial), but let's make sure some standard size plexi can be fitted. Midcase height is 3,5mm. 

There is a link to exactly the same watch restored with bezel for reference: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?md=read;id=89267

I wonder if stepped case bezel could be made instead. ( I think stepped case bezel looks more cool on those watches.)

Stepped bezel like the one on that Alpina ?

522071663_tlchargement.jpg.af17322d4a9a0a45f53cb0dd2a04b295.jpg

I've talked to my friend and he say he can turn a custom bezel  (don't know about a stepped one but I would say he can).

He's not a member here but I'll PM you his name and email adress so that you can talk directly with him and see if you can find an agreement. 

And YES you will have to source and fit a plexi first as the internal diameter of the bezel (and its height too) will depend on that. 

Have a nice day ... 

• Thanks 1