Timex parts

Shane

Dose anyone know where to order Timex mechanical, as well as, Electric/Dynabeat parts from?  They seem conspicuously absent online.  At the moment, I'm in need of two model 40 movement covers, a case back for one of my Electrrics and a stem/crown (for an at present unidentified mechanical).  I will obtain dimensions of the Electric's case and attempt to identify the mechanical movement if needed. 

Any information/insight would be  most appreciated.

Shane 

I now know why there's a shortage of timex parts on the open market.:blink:

You have a very impressive assortment.  Please let me know if you can help or know someone who can.

The black Electric, model 40 needs a movment cover and a Electeic case back (the cast has a 30.13 ID).

The mechanical Timex I need a stem and crown for has a 4P57 date code.

I also am interested in a movement cover for another  Electric  #40.

Thanks again.

Shane

20200113_184454.jpg

20200113_184454.jpg

20200113_184247.jpg

20200113_184313.jpg

20200113_184454.jpg

20200113_184247.jpg

20200113_184313.jpg

20200113_184247.jpg

20200113_184313.jpg

JersyMo, thanks for your patience and assistance so far.

This is the other Electric I have.  So far I need a movement cover for it.  I have not gone through this one yet but intend to.  The hands are a bit rough but I can live with it for now.

Shane

IMG_20200114_205045.jpg

I looked yesterday for the 262 PDF but I left my thumb drive (with most my PDFs) at home.  Glad to see someone else has directed you to it (thanks AndyHull).  Sorry I don't have any insight to offer on this movment (yet) all my experience on Electric/Dynabeat watches haven't got day or date complications.  Thanks to JerseyMo, I now should have the part I need to start going through one of mine.  Either I can help you or you can help me but I'm sure we'll both get them running with the support I have seen from this forum.

Best of luck.

Shane

JersyMo,

Thank you for your help and input so far.  I certainly count you among the assets this forum has to offer.

The parts you provided are working fine.  I'm wearing the Marlin (pictured above) to work today and I intend to focus on my Electric with day/date soon.

I spent a significant amount of time looking for a listing of Timex crystals with very little to show for my efforts.  I have a 26850-02775 that I received in very poor condition (crystal broken, hands bent/missing, dial disfigured and second shaft bent) .  It's been cleaned. reassembled, lubricated and after borrowing the crystal from the black Electric also (pictured above) running fine.  I will be wearing it tomorrow.

I think that I need a K017 to replace the one that I borrowed, as well as, one or two more for other watches of the same size (also missing their crystals).  If this is the correct crystal, would you have some to spare?  What would you ask in exchange for them?  If my information is incorrect, please, let me know.

It also looks that I need several battery terminals (the positive one that grounds to the movement).  I would hope Dynabeat and Electric terminals to be the same.  Your thoughts?  Are these terminals also available?  If not, I might need to make some.

Shane

IMG_20191229_115211.jpg

I have the one crystal and a replacment dial.  Sweep on that I recall is chrome .   Looks like the stem tube is miggins from case. But it may just be stuck to the underside of the crown.  Which BTW looks pretty beat.   

The terminals were not available as replaement parts. At least on on the model 40 and those that were built on its desing. Only the 67 - 84 - 87 had replaceable terminals.

27.JPG

Edited by JerseyMo

JersyMo,

Thank you for getting back to me, as well as, for the picture.

The parts you seem to be suggesting look as if they are for a 1974.  I do have a 26850-02774 also (not sure what the "s or 5" in your catalog signifies) but putting my 74 (on right) and 75 (on left) next to each other, the 74 has a thicker case, not sure about what the differences with the crystals could be, the crystal pictured on the left is borrowed.

IMG_20200128_132257.thumb.jpg.b98c14eb670f2cd80e107b1200a049fc.jpg

I do see your crystal envelope is identified with a #17 and the 1975 has different part numbers, perhaps the information I found earlier was faulty.  Perhaps one of my watches has been mixed and matched before I received them.  What are your thoughts about part numbers 027-327900 and 027-328152?

On another note.

The 1971 (027) also pictured, is my next project and it has had a very rough time thus far.  Please wish this watch and I some luck.

IMG_20200127_213131.thumb.jpg.52e1db591afaf57ceadeaa07d3c64637.jpg

Thanks again.

Shane

2 hours ago, Shane said:

JersyMo,

Thank you for getting back to me, as well as, for the picture.

The parts you seem to be suggesting look as if they are for a 1974.  I do have a 26850-02774 also (not sure what the "s or 5" in your catalog signifies) but putting my 74 (on right) and 75 (on left) next to each other, the 74 has a thicker case, not sure about what the differences with the crystals could be, the crystal pictured on the left is borrowed.

IMG_20200128_132257.thumb.jpg.b98c14eb670f2cd80e107b1200a049fc.jpg

I do see your crystal envelope is identified with a #17 and the 1975 has different part numbers, perhaps the information I found earlier was faulty.  Perhaps one of my watches has been mixed and matched before I received them.  What are your thoughts about part numbers 027-327900 and 027-328152?

On another note.

The 1971 (027) also pictured, is my next project and it has had a very rough time thus far.  Please wish this watch and I some luck.

IMG_20200127_213131.thumb.jpg.52e1db591afaf57ceadeaa07d3c64637.jpg

Thanks again.

Shane

ah, I see the crystal number is different as well. That makes snse since I did find two different sized crystal in the larger envelope. There must have been a change in the case used form 1974 to 1975.   Can you measure the crystal on the 75 and tell me how many mm?  Alos does it look like high dome?   alos, found the correct sweep for  the project. It is a chromed elongated triangle.

the other project you show is a Sprite with model 24 movement.  If I were working on it, I'd use white vinegar to remove the rust.

On 1/27/2020 at 12:58 PM, Shane said:

JersyMo,

Thank you for your help and input so far.  I certainly count you among the assets this forum has to offer.

The parts you provided are working fine.  I'm wearing the Marlin (pictured above) to work today and I intend to focus on my Electric with day/date soon.

I spent a significant amount of time looking for a listing of Timex crystals with very little to show for my efforts.  I have a 26850-02775 that I received in very poor condition (crystal broken, hands bent/missing, dial disfigured and second shaft bent) .  It's been cleaned. reassembled, lubricated and after borrowing the crystal from the black Electric also (pictured above) running fine.  I will be wearing it tomorrow.

I think that I need a K017 to replace the one that I borrowed, as well as, one or two more for other watches of the same size (also missing their crystals).  If this is the correct crystal, would you have some to spare?  What would you ask in exchange for them?  If my information is incorrect, please, let me know.

It also looks that I need several battery terminals (the positive one that grounds to the movement).  I would hope Dynabeat and Electric terminals to be the same.  Your thoughts?  Are these terminals also available?  If not, I might need to make some.

Shane

IMG_20191229_115211.jpg

I just finished an overhaul on the exact same watch @Shane. It's from my birth year as I think yours is. Pretty handsome watch after some TLC. 

20200122_062202.jpg

• Like 1

JersyMo,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I wasn't at work yesterday.

If I remember correctly the ID of the case measured 30.25mm not counting the undercut.  I didn't received the crystal with that watch but would think it's a high dome crystal (the second hand shaft is quite long).  How much would you be willing to part with the crystal, dial and sweep hand?

The 1971 Sprite is at least up and running rust free, though not fully assembled (whilst disassembling it) I accidentally threw one half of the rusty cannon pinion assembly into the mist. :phew: A snap of the tweezers and it was gone!  I'll find it in about a year or so.

FLwatchguy73 and AndyHull those are very nice indeed, I would be thrilled if my watches looked that good.

• 6 months later...
12 hours ago, Valmir said:

Dear friend JersyMo, how are you doing? Do you have the cronograph buttons below? I´m from Brazil but I have PayPal.

You should really use Private Message for requests like that. No need for anyone else to read, and the recipient is immediately informed by email.