Haller pu81 electromagnetic pulse skeleton clock

Squiffything

Hi Sqiffy  Have you any pictures   I think what you have got is an ATO clock that powers a coil that swings l/r on an arc, can you be more specific as regards damage. The ususall culprit for them not working was the transistor A (pnp) if I remember correctly. Ithink I have some info on them from the last one i did. 

Hi Squiffy  Common problem with battery driven units , the battery leaks and the salts  corrode the terminals.  As Andy said the terminal can be replaced with a bit of careful soldering. I have even repaired some quartz units by making new terminals from brass sheet, but better still the link supplied by Andy for the bay contains plenty of terminals, mustbe some on there  Cheers.

55 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  Squiffy Interesting if you could supply photos of the control unit opened up.

I will do when I get to it. It’ll mean taking it off and dismantling it first and I’m working during the day at my new job. I’m now an apprentice saddler! At 54! Working in a proper old school type workshop 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, Squiffything said:

I’m now an apprentice saddler! At 54! Working in a proper old school type workshop 

Leather working is a useful talent to develop. Don't forget to keep the leather scraps for making watch bands. :D
I may well be coming back for tips. My wife took up quilting about two years back, and as a result, I'm now pretty competent with a sewing machine (both stripping them down and servicing them and using them).

RIMG0316.thumb.JPG.d6b5b098244fc9b5574e8cb3c32916f1.JPG

Here's the latest.

That is lovely I’m getting the hang of it but the industrial machines we use try to run away with me. 

I’m getting the hand stitching sorted and mainly doing repairs taking the load off the main guys in the workshop. My biggest problem is that I struggle to keep in mind the repair is just that. It does not need to be as good as new so I’m spending too much time trying to make it as perfect as I can. I’m learning though and loving it850B5A79-68BB-4147-A7F8-0124E9BBCD74.thumb.jpeg.ed0b9e07cd3341194b39275f4cef2edd.jpeg17316B05-3D47-4E1F-B9E9-FA9222B8C42F.thumb.jpeg.cf3edf26d29aeef4aa6fa3291fc5328e.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get the clock running by making a brass contact plate however although the clock runs and keeps good time the pendulum doesn’t swing as it should but more twitches so something is not right. 

The saddlery work is going well and I’m getting faster. Started training on the computer engraving machine so another string to the bow.