Pocket watch switch

I'm not onto pocket watches but I do have this 17 jewels Caravelle skeleton.  I was thinking about buying a wrist watch case for it.  Good idea or bad idea?  Is it worth the time and money?  Is it going to be too difficult for a novice?  If you are wondering about my profile photo bike is mine girl is not.

IMG_3091.JPG

The movement looks to be a Caravelle (Bulova) 1241.50. I built a wristwatch....2 actually, using the ETA 6498  movement. The 6498 movement has MANY case, dial, and hand options for both wrist and pocket watches. I'm not sure I've ever seen a wristwatch with that movement. Take some measurements from the movement outside of the case, then hunt around on the Bay and see what looks as if it may fit. I'm curious to see the finished project.

Edited by FLwatchguy73

30 mm may be a difficult case to find. The vast majority of DIY/ hobby cases available on the Bay are divided into to 2 general schools, ETA 6497/6498 hand winding movements and ETA 2824 automatic movements with a few exceptions in between. The movement diameter for the 6498/ 6497 is 36.6 mm while the 2824 diameter is 25.6 mm. Both are significantly larger and smaller than the Caravelle's 30 mm movement. I can guarantee a case exists that will comfortably fit this movement, however, finding it with be challenging. That said, if you take a case that fit's a 6498 and modify the movement spacer you already have, your problems may be solved, though you may have an ugly outline surrounding your skeleton movement.

s-l640.jpg.5053e747549b74eb6b14debc1750815f.jpg

There are skeleton dials however that may hide the spacer and still look stylish. Options abound it seems, lol.

1057962658_DIAL-SKELETON-INDEX-RING--38-mm.jpg.143a3cd1822f86a6b0435ccb8d0ba519.jpg

All images courtesy of Google!

1 hour ago, markr said:

Now I just need to shorten the stem and order a crystal. A flat one will fit but I'm thinking a low dome will look better.

IMG_3098.JPG

nice job !    is thre a quarts mvt. than can be fit into an accutron,   space view  watch case .?     vin

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 2:56 PM, vinn3 said:

nice job !    is thre a quarts mvt. than can be fit into an accutron,   space view  watch case .?     vin

i'll explain myself.    i bought quite a few.  a few ran and i fixed a few.   the mvt.,  is a  crap.   the wrist watch cases are a thing of art.   vin 

• Like 1