Flebay Seiko 5

purchased this lastnight after being unable to sleep at what i thought was a reasonable price £10.50 posted :) but looking at pictures someones butchered a normal leather strap to fit any ideas on replacing with something more suitable on arival? any info on the watch would be good aswell thinking i might have a go at servicing it at some point to (good starting point i think?) regards Ben

post-448-0-53745100-1421006416_thumb.jpg

post-448-0-91039600-1421006446_thumb.jpg

Hi omega,

I can't read the number on the dial but it seems a regular 7S26 movement. If the back is original it may have other numbers separated from this one by a hyphen. That will be your case number and a starting point to order/locate a suitable bracelet.

An alternative is measuring the distance "between lugs" and total width of the band and try to adapt either a metal one or modify a leather one. I've done it using a dremel tool on a "shark mesh metal band". I suspect those bands are hard to find.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi mark i came across that one on my search. think its similar but my watch requires a 24mm strap so description says anyways. and i think that ones only 20mm at the shoulders. suppose i'll have to wait and see when it comes hopfully not to long but does say upto 28 days shipping. have came across these http://ebay.to/1tYbo1Cone on far right looks like the right fitment emailed seller for measurments.

Hi Roger yeah i'm a fan of there looks also but just going to be planning on using it for work and will get bashed from time to time so used was the way to go. yours is fantastic though! regards Ben

Have searched that but havent came up with anything. can see this proving to be a pain in the a*rse! Regards Ben

I bought this for another watch.

10mm centre link.

Was being sold for a 22mm curved end watch.

20140827_111915.jpg

20140827_111732.jpg

1mm narrower on the shoulder shouldn't stand out that much?

• 2 weeks later...