omega 1012 would not beat

Hi all,

As a proud level 3 assessment owner I started to buy old watch movement for repair. I did have few success restoring old ETA 1258 (Enicar watches) and going forward bought an old omega seamaster equipped with a 1012 movement.

I found quite easily the problem with the watch : the balance wheel missed its jewel. I didn’t feel like putting it back with the shellac (too complicated for my level :) so I bought an old complete balance to replace the faulty one. So far so good I’ve put back everything after cleaning the movement and oiling all the different part (I only use D5, 9010, 9415 and grease).

The problem I have is whenever I put back the balance the movement doesn’t want to start. Without the balance if I wind the mainspring it turns freely and I can see the escape wheel turning, when I put back the palet fork it oscillate between entry and exit position when I push it with the peg wood. But the balance doesn’t seem to work.

Could you help me to find what’s going on? or at least give me a path where to start? I couldn’t find any help in your course for that particular case…

I can send you pictures or video if you want just tell me what you want to see.

My next one will be a Seiko 7017A with the flyback chronometer, can’t wait for you to release the level 4 hopefully I’ll find all info to restore this one as well :)

Thanks by advance and a happy new year

vlcsnap-2020-01-07-01h36m16s880.png

Maybe your endhsake is insufficient. Loosen the balance cock a bit and lift the cock. Sometimes when swapping parts over the clearances could be different and lifting the cock a bit could make it run.. Its not a cure as the issue will still need to be resolved but at least you know where the problem lies.

Anilv

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1