favre-leuba harpoon II

Happy New Year all!  I have FL that has an issue with the keyless works. The stem doesn't lock in and as I couldn't identify a release (either lever or screw) I've partially stripped it down from the dial side.  I cannot glean any information in my searches at FL.com or in general for a schematic or teardown.  Would anyone here know about this brand?

Is this part broken ? Usually this is the one that holds the stem inside the movement. It also pivots along with the stem and gets the movement into normal/date changing/time setting mode.

What about the lever above it ? Could that be the one holding the stem ?

Either way the best idea is to strip it down fully. You take photos to remember what goes where.

8ABB39C5-7BFE-4DC8-BDC9-B64C5A010470.jpeg.fecfdafdfb34ada13a133ae731dae40d.thumb.jpeg.626c27cc225e5fe73a85db7e11b5aa14.jpeg

Edited by Chopin

That is an FL branded AS movement, possibly something like a 2066 or similar. Look under the  balance wheel to see if there is a number.

The set lever screw (which holds the stem in place) is the one to the left of the stem in your 3rd pic.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies!  I thought that might be broken but I’m not entirely certain, that’s why I was looking for a schematic or a diagram. And I also thought that was the the lever screw too!;). It was different then the others but it didn’t budge either way.   The keyless works are definitely really gummed up so what I should do is strip everything down and clean the parts;  I should’ve started with a different watch;(. 

You're in the right spot but it would appear that FL did a little more than just rebrand an AS movement. it looks like they made quite a few modifications and have removed the AS cal# altogether. It is fundamentally an AS movement though.

If you look on the Borel parts interchange site;

http://cgi.julesborel.com/

You will see that the FL1134 is essentially an AS1649 with parts from AS1852, AS1709, and AS1430, as well as some Zodiac 70, 72, and 76 parts thrown in.

Looking at your photos it looks as though @Chopin is right. It appears the tip has broken off the setting lever (the bit that @Chopin has circled). This should have a little stud on the end that protrudes down into a groove in the stem so that as you pull the stem in and out it pivots the set lever around its screw, actuating the sliding clutch. compare yours with #443 shown here;

https://www.oldswisswatches.com/watch-parts-branded/favre-leuba-calibre-movement-and-spares/favre-leuba-1134/

and you can see what I mean.

Borel lists this as a Zodiac part and says that it is obsolete, which means they don't have stock of it, however Cousins seem to.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/filter/favre-leuba-movement-parts

their part #FAV1164443

Hi I have attached the tech sheets mantioned by Marc, as you will notice by the notes in the margins there are variations for other cailbers so it looks as Mark says its quite a mix of other movements. hope this helps the cause.   cheers

31_UT6497.1,6498.1.pdf 1662_AS 1780, 1781_Smaller.pdf 2143_Zodiac 70.pdf 2144_Zodiac 72,72B.pdf 2147_Zodiac 76.pdf

I worked on a similar movement and they are of above average quality (mine was 36.000 bph).

Theoretically they are in-house movements but as has been said they're modified off the shelf movements. Was pleased by the performance so it's worth getting it fixed.

Out of curiosity how did they fabricate such a part? Milling?