movement id?

1 hour ago, markr said:

First they are not ''Reps'' they are counterfeit and they are illegal and I'm sure most clergy would say immoral. I don't even know where to go with the line that high end makers don't even really care about "Reps''. It's untrue and not a very good argument to justify criminal activity.  You may not have Issues at all with "reps'' now but if someone was putting your name on a fake item I'm sure you might feel a little different. If I am wrong or assumed something I apologize. 

Never been a fan of replicas because I don’t need to be a poser. Ill pay the 10k for the Rolex. But replicas are sold all the time and sold as replicas, there are sites dedicated to selling replica Rolex gmts and submariners, some of them are decent watches with good Swiss eta automatic movements. One can actually build himself a submariner for less than $200 with parts on eBay using aftermarket Rolex dial and hands and a Chinese eta “replica” or as we say clone.....as with anything aftermarket parts are always available. And we cant say a seagull is a counterfeit any less than we can say an NH35 is a counterfeit Seiko movement. The problem lies in the misrepresentation, not the replica itself.

PayPal always trumps eBay decisions but it takes longer to get a refund - i think its 10 days, eBay is a bit quicker i would do eBay first you wont have any issues, but if so paypal will also work, i had a guy open an item not received case on eBay simply because he was all bent out of shape i sent a day late but he lost the case because it act arrived within expected delivery time frame. He then opened same case with paypal he lost again, THEN, get this, he opens another paypal case saying is ent him an empty package, He sent no proof and he won the paypal case, it makes no sense since if he had an empty box why wouldn’t that be his issue with the first 2 cases, so non the less he got a $500 watch for free, i tried to appeal it and i got the whole 48 hour response and never heard back from paypal i even called 3 times and i just gave up. I couldn’t open a dispute with my bank because i keep money in my paypal and it came straight from my balance. It’s literally legal robbery. And paypal allows it. So anyone who sells on eBay never keep money in there always transfer it to the bank. 
Yeah......sellers have zero protection. Ive been screwed by a shitty buyer before as well. Its almost better to scam as a buyer than it is as a seller.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nope.....I said exactly what I meant. I coulda said I dont spend thousands of dollars on an overpriced status symbol because I dont want to be a dumbass with my money but I didnt......only weak people find it necessary to put other people down. I have no desire to pose to anybody what my wealth is or isnt. I retain more wealth that way. In fact when I do wear them I get more satisfaction when I get to inform someone that its not a real one. As long as there is nobody passing them off as real items for a profit I see zero harm in it. And where im from there is no crime in owning one or buying one. Ill respect your opinions as I expect mine to be respected. Besides the guy who had to pose that he was wealthy with his I dont want to be a poser comment proved my point. He would never buy a rep because hes too good for that and rich people will always buy the real thing so Rolexs' market remains unaffected by the rep industry. Im not gonna get into a moral debate about the issue. I have no problem telling filks I own a replica or frankenwatch or whether its real. There are two genuine rolexs in this house one which over 30k was spent on it. I will buy what I see as a good value.

I tried to go through paypal but it just referred me to ebay's resolution center. Paypal must require items bought on ebay to first go through ebay. In any case, I have to wait until 1/8 until ebay will begin pursuing the return. Thanks for the comments.

I will say this, I recently renewed an old interest in wristwatches, having purchased a dozen or so vintage pieces about 20 years ago. I have bought 6 watches in the last 6 months. I have had issues with 5 of them: I bought a rather cheap Ingersoll chronograph that had a telemeter which turned out to be cosmetic (the watch wasn't really a chronograph- the pushers just changed the date represented with the small hands and did not time anything); a Swiss Army chrono that arrived broken; a Hamilton chrono that arrived broken; a Citizen chrono from Germany that never arrived; and now this fake Hamilton. Maybe I am cursed.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, cabowen said:

I tried to go through paypal but it just referred me to ebay's resolution center. Paypal must require items bought on ebay to first go through ebay. In any case, I have to wait until 1/8 until ebay will begin pursuing the return. 

Remember that you also have you Credit Card protection (if you paid with that), and nothing can prevent you from filing a claim at any time. It comes to PayPal as a the dreaded "charge back", and gets them moving real fast to recoup money and refund the buyer. No need to submit any proof like "expert assessment", etc. Of course the item must be returned with traceable shipping.

• Like 1

I tried to go through paypal but it just referred me to ebay's resolution center. Paypal must require items bought on ebay to first go through ebay. In any case, I have to wait until 1/8 until ebay will begin pursuing the return. Thanks for the comments.

I will say this, I recently renewed an old interest in wristwatches, having purchased a dozen or so vintage pieces about 20 years ago. I have bought 6 watches in the last 6 months. I have had issues with 5 of them: I bought a rather cheap Ingersoll chronograph that had a telemeter which turned out to be cosmetic (the watch wasn't really a chronograph- the pushers just changed the date represented with the small hands and did not time anything); a Swiss Army chrono that arrived broken; a Hamilton chrono that arrived broken; a Citizen chrono from Germany that never arrived; and now this fake Hamilton. Maybe I am cursed.

That is def a string of bad luck. Dont throw in the towel just yet. There are plenty of good people out there representing truthfully what they are selling. If you're ever unsure reach out to us. Id be happy to help. If you have anything that needs repair Id be happy to help with that as well. I have plenty of free time in my hands and do it for fun. I agree Paypal is def the way to go for resolution......they dont mess around. I spent a couple hours trying to find that rep hamilton for sale last night but have yet to locate it. I guess when you get down to a cheaper watch they arent made as reps per se but for the specific reason of being counterfeit and with the intent to defraud so I may not be able to locate it with the rep dealers I know. If I do I will let you know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saswatch88 said:

Never been a fan of replicas because I don’t need to be a poser. Ill pay the 10k for the Rolex. But replicas are sold all the time and sold as replicas, there are sites dedicated to selling replica Rolex gmts and submariners, some of them are decent watches with good Swiss eta automatic movements. One can actually build himself a submariner for less than $200 with parts on eBay using aftermarket Rolex dial and hands and a Chinese eta “replica” or as we say clone.....as with anything aftermarket parts are always available. And we cant say a seagull is a counterfeit any less than we can say an NH35 is a counterfeit Seiko movement. The problem lies in the misrepresentation, not the replica itself.

The problem lies on putting some one else's name on your product.  You can build anything you want you have no right putting someone else's name on it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, jdm said:

Remember that you also have you Credit Card protection (if you paid with that), and nothing can prevent you from filing a claim at any time. It comes to PayPal as a the dreaded "charge back", and gets them moving real fast to recoup money and refund the buyer. No need to submit any proof like "expert assessment", etc. Of course the item must be returned with traceable shipping.

I paid with my paypal balance. Paypal has been good to me in the past. I will just have to wait and see how this plays out. Thanks.

The problem lies on putting some one else's name on your product.  You can build anything you want you have no right putting someone else's name on it.
It depends if youre speaking ethically or legally........i wont get into ethics but legally it depends on the jurisdiction.......i assume that some folks in this thread are from different countrys. Here in the US I can legally put anything I want on anything I build as long as I am not doing so with the intent to make money. If I put a rolex emblem on my own truck theres not much they can do about it. If I go to sell said truck then they can sue for copyright infringement. As long as the use is of a personal nature theres really not much they can do. For me and I think if you actually talk to most folks that are in the rep hobby and trust me its way bigger than you may realize it has nothing to do with misrepresentation for profit or to advertise that youre richer than you really are but more so the fascination at seeing how they continually improve on their ability to replicate. Im not sure quite how to explain it. I can assure you there is absolutely no correlation to my wealth and my desire to be involved in this hobby. Theres also a sort of satisfaction in researching and sourcing the parts to build a gen from searching for parts. I totally agree with the fraudulent profit making practices from intentional misrepresentation should not be allowed condoned. People that own the gens should see it as a compliment that they are wearing a product that is so desired that an entire inustry will go to such great lenths to copy it.