Vintage Strap Adjustment

Question

Happy New Year everyone!

I've been working on a lovely old Hudson watch with a Felsa 415 inside.  I've got the watch running (first automatic!), but I can't make heads or tails of the watch band.  I want to adjust it so that it fits me, but I've only every adjusted the old u-pin style.  Is there a trick to these older watch straps or are they not adjustable?

I attached a few pictures to help.  The only markings on it are "JB Champion" (The JB is in a triangle).

Thanks!

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1984.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

5 answers to this question

Sorry can not see how this one can have links removed. Normally a stretch band has U shaped links that can be removed. By any chance can you find any arrow type mark inscribed on a link if so then this will be the link that can be removed. 

I'm guessing that the only way is to dettach some of the links and put it back together when it's shortened.

The thing is that in this case it might mean damaging the bracelet.

Hi    Iam with old hippy on this one . to remove the links releases the little springs on the end of each bar which escape at the first chance so unless you want a nervous breakdown putting it back to gether leave it as is and fit another similar bracelet.:thumbsd:

Thanks for all the advice.  That was my gut feeling as well, it didn't really look adjustable but I'm not very experienced with metal straps.  I thought of trying to take apart a couple links, but them being under tension made me concerned about getting it back together.

It's too bad as it matches the watch in colour, but it also looked like a great way to loose all the hair on your wrist so I'm not too broken up.

• Similar Content

• By Deb
      This is a beautiful, but unusual watch band.  And it's WAY too big.  I have looked for different watch band styles to work out how I can re-size this, but can't seem to figure out what to call this style of band to do the search, none are matching with this one.  I have tried to pull on the pins to remove them from the band, but this only resulted in bending some of the pins (as you see).  A surprising result to me, but this must have been the result of the side-laying pins, and not the ones I was pulling on directly.  I decided to cease & desist, and am willing to take it to a jeweler to resize it, but would like to see if anyone here can help first. 

Thank you. 

• By oldboy
      I am considering selling leather watch straps, but I have a question before I blindly go ahead and produce a bunch of them.
      I am wondering if anybody who has worked in the industry for a while can tell me what the most common sizes are of strap pins or lug widths?
      I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
      Anthony
    • By Adrenaline
      I have this Certina watch, 

and I wanted to ask you guys what's your opinion on combining the watch with this Hirsch Osiris strap:

I am waiting for your opinions, and if you don't find it suitable, I'm waiting for suggestions from reputable brands, priced around the 40 EUR mark. 

Thanks,
      Alex
    • By wilding
      Hi there watch repair experts and fans! My first time here so please be gentle with me
      It concerns the ladies watch you see in the pics and, in particular, its rather unusual metal bracelet strap.
      I want to make the strap a few links shorter.
      Normally with metal bracelets it is, of course, all about pushing out the pins, taking out the bits of the bracelet you don't need and then putting it all back together.
      But THIS one has a weird-looking two-section bracelet which, as far as I can see, is held together by very small screws (?)  from each side and no pins involved.
      Obviously I am wondering what to do to get the pins/screws out.
      Another thing of course i that I will have to take one link from either side of the bracelet.
      Anyone seen a bracelet like this before. HOW to do this adjustment??
      I hope you can see what you need to in these photos.

• By maxrwag
      I own a fake Rolex submariner and the piece that connects the band to the watch is missing. I want to get this piece replaced but I fear that getting a replacement piece from a Rolex store would be way to pricey, and getting a cheap knockoff piece online would be, well too cheap. Is there any place to purchase replacement parts for an affordable price?