ISA 1198 Date ring swap

toppercat

Howdy all

I am replacing the movement in my old Swiss army Lancer watch. ISA 1198. The original date wheel is black. The one that comes with the new movement is white. Is this an easy swap? Is there a parts exploded view or pdf repair sheet for these movements? 

It is an easy swap. I guess most calendar wheels are white so maybe it's difficult finding an original black one...

Have you worked on a movement before ? Don't think that there's such a sheet for these movements...

Also, some movements are offered with different day/date wheels (depending on where they are on the dial).

Most have date at 3 o'clock but some have it at 6 o'clock and so on. The difference is the position of the numbers/words.

5 minutes ago, Chopin said:

I guess most calendar wheels are white so maybe it's difficult finding an original black one...

As the OP mentioned, he needs to port the date ring from the original to the new mov't.
Not a difficult job but I would not advise about doing any experience or specific tools. Even a lost screw can create new, unneeded trouble. Giving it to a watch shop is safer.