How do I put this in beat?

Lc130

I'm a beginner and this is a replacement balance for an FHF 28.  In the below pic the jewel is centered in the banking pins.  The stud is circled.  The stud arm is fixed.  The balance cock is roughly aligned in its proper position.  Is there any more to this than trial and error?  As a beginner, I've learned it's best to handle the balance as little as possible.

Thank you

Charlie

165263618_IMG_4349_LI(2).thumb.jpg.c2de570d4f327902a2d1365ca415d117.jpg

Edited by Lc130

If so " impulse jewel is centered in mid banking"  then HS or Roller needs to do a 180 degree. 

Check if balance is a right one. Just put cock back on ( no need to get the stud and HS back in their place) . Once balance is installed you can tell if staff fits and wheel turns good. If it dosen't you got the wrong balance. 

If balance is the right one, 180 is in the order. 

• Like 1

Mark has a great video on this procedure. It’s easier to do if Hairspring was not attached but in this case if the balance came complete and is correct i would think the stud should be in the correct position, so you will have to make sure the roller jewel sits between the banking pins as perfectly in the middle as possible. You can adjust the position with the stud on top of the balance if needed.