Zodiac 68 a - unable to wind with crown

Khan

Hello watch people

When I try wind the watch with the crown, there is no resistance and interaction with crown and barrel wheel. The crown turns freely. I'm able to wind manually from the barrel screw. Secondly, I feel the centre wheel to be too close vertically to the barrel. Moreover, when I fully wind the watch, the escape wheel seems stuck after a while, as if the hacking lever is coming in the way (when crown in 0 position of course). This movement seems tricky to me. Hope someone are familiar with these. 

Merry christmas by the way. 

Screenshot_20191226-041022_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191226-041040_Gallery.jpg

Hi  as Joe says check the castle wheel is sliding up and down the stem when pulled in and out and is engaging the winding pinnion as it sounds like it is not therefore the rocking bar is not moving it. In any event the problem seems to be located in the keyless work which needs investigation

Don't know if the 68 is built the same as the others in the same series . But when tighten the stem you need to pull the stem out a little . It's because you have a fast setting date mechanism . That works when pressing the crown in . If not do that the watch won't work. 

Hi  everybody

I forgot to explain further that the winding pinion outer teeth doesn't turn the crown wheels teeth. Seems like there is space in between. Sliding pinion interacts with winding pinion smoothly.  Notice that the watch worked prior to disassembly but needed overhaul. I haven't replaced the stem as it looks healthy to my eye. The funny part is when crown wheel ring is placed upside down, it interacts with the winding pinion, but then the crown wheel assembly doesn't make sense. I'm very excited to know what went wrong.

Cheers 

Screenshot_20191227-012057_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191227-012059_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191227-012102_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191227-012052_Gallery.jpg

Hi Nucejoe 

I have done that as per my last picture. I am able to pull out the crown and set time as an example. With groove you mean in the centre slot of sliding pinion, right? 

Edited by Khan

Attached image is from strip down process. The return bar can't be flipped over because there is a pin on opposite side of the return bar at the very end (at index 4 of the dial), which activates the hacking lever beneath. Regarding the spring direction, You could be right as I dont have service manuals :blink::huh:, but the spring does its job by moving the sliding pinion back and forth anyway. 

Screenshot_20191227-064331_Gallery.jpg