Help replacing chronograph pusher tubes

Chopin

Can someone tell me if these tubes are replaceable or not ? While trying to remove one I managed to damage it badly. The thing that makes me think that they are not part of the case is the fact that they both sit at different heights inside the case. Are these screw in ?

Trying to unscrew the damaged one but it doesn't seem to move.

The reason I wanted to remove them is stupidity and the fact that it's missing a pusher so for some reason I thought that it was appropriate to try and remove the tubes. I've done a  booboo, I know.

20191225_170611.thumb.jpg.39bd21e155fa2f6973cb2e5f11a7da73.jpg

20191225_170546.thumb.jpg.aa9fe76e8282f5a22f6ac20ffdef20d6.jpg

6 minutes ago, Chopin said:

I won't be attempting to remove the other, the problem is that the one that I tried removing is now really damaged and needs to be screwed out.

Any tips ?

Unless there is damage to the inner side or how the pusher works, leave it alone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chopin said:

The damage is bad. It has to be replaced. I have to get it out. :(

You can use a screw extractor. Search Internet to see what is that. Heat well the case around the tube before and proceed carefully. 

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

Equivalent tool for a much more reasonable price.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000298591084.html
Lol. I was trying to be all watch maker uppity....the one you shared is actually the one I have. Ive learned that for every ridiculously overpriced watch tool there is a cheap chinese knock off. The trick is knowing when the knock off is decent enough. Some times the chinese knock offs arent worth the cost to ship them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Alright, I managed to extract what was left of the tube.

Guess what ? It was a freaking push in tube, not screw in.

I thought that those that have those little threads/spikes on the edges are supposed to be screw in... Oh well, another lesson learned. Thanks guys! Panic mode off. :)

I had tried pushing it out but couldn't so assumed that it's screw in.

Edited by Chopin

Out of curiosity, is it possible to extract these push in (or should I say drive in) tubes without one of those expensive tools ?

Once I was able to install the tubes by using a crystal press (and improvising a bit) but don't know I could go ahead and remove the remaining one. The reason I'd like to remove it is to measure it so that I'll know what replacements to order... Do I even need to know the dimensions of that tube ?

20 hours ago, jdm said:

You can use a screw extractor. Search Internet to see what is that. Heat well the case around the tube before and proceed carefully. 

there are 2 types of  screw extractors available.  the square and the spyroll.   i like the square.    vin

17 minutes ago, bjd1020 said:

is there a "tool maker"  in the house?      vin
SEND ME YOUR SKETCHES

I HAVE CNC CAPABILITIES

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

they are listed in any tool catalog  - you can make the square ones out of "key stock".  vin

Managed to remove both of them and they got damaged in the process but one pusher was missing so I'll get a new pair anyway. The thing is that I've looked a bit on CousinsUK and so far those on the website don't exactly seem to fit my required dimensions.

For example all pusher diameters are in increments of .50mm. Mine is 4,8mm I believe... Being bigger might not hurt but the hole diameter seems to be 5,2mm so I'm not sure if it'll be a safe fit. Same goes for other dimensions as well, hopefully I'll manage to pull this through.