ETA Calibre 2772 Service Walkthrough Pictures

y4mEhXSsZ9_gZU7YjQQSsx-2SScyJYIKVrk9h_Ie

ETA Calibre 2772 Service Walkthrough Pictures – Disassembly
(Please sort the pictures by name in ascending order)

ETA Calibre 2772 Service Walkthrough Pictures – Assembly
(Please sort the pictures by name in ascending order)

For the disassembly sequence to make sense it is important that the pictures are sorted by name in ascending order. Generally, the sequence of pictures first shows the part to be removed in its position on the movement and the following picture shows the removed part along with any screws that held it in place.

For the assembly sequence to make sense it is important that the pictures are sorted by name in ascending order. Generally, the sequence of pictures first shows the part to be assembled along with any screws holding it in place. If needed, the following picture shows the section of the movement where that part is to be assembled along with my lubrication suggestion, and the picture after that shows the part when assembled to the movement.

Note that this is not a maintenance servicing tutorial. To be able to service a watch movement some basic tools are required as well as some basic skills. It’s not difficult but it requires a bit of practice and perseverance. I’ve used a lot of sources on the internet to learn about servicing and repairing but watchrepairlessons have so far not only been the best source but also the most affordable source I’ve come across. I am a patron of watchrepairlessons but I’m in no way affiliated with it.

Prior to servicing this calibre 2772, I’ve serviced an ETA calibre 2472 and two ETA calibre 2824-2s and the kinship between these movement is obvious. The 2472 is from the mid-60s, the 2772 is from the mid-70s, and the 2824-2 is from the early 80s. They all have the same type of distinguishing train. The keyless works of the 2472 and the 2772 is of the more traditional type whereas the keyless works of the 2824-2 quite a bit more sophisticated. However, the calendar works of the older 2472 is by far the more complex with its instant flip over of the date. It has been very interesting to study the similarities and differences between these three related automatic ETA movements.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

y4m05LHdGPjhRXqXtY3grG6r8ujxLNerE8mT699p

I forgot to include some links in my previous post, so I’ll do it here instead.

ETA Calibre 2472 facts. My ETA Calibre 2472 service walkthrough here.
ETA Calibre 2772 facts. My ETA Calibre 2772 service walkthrough here.
ETA Calibre 2824-2 facts. My ETA Calibre 2824-2 service walkthrough here.
Video and sound of the ETA calibre 2472 instant flip over of the date.

y4mJcctnto992kqS-lnT_maPgM1PDqFM_GS8Lm6K
Also, I find it interesting that the oscillating weight of this movement has the inscription "adjusted in 6 positions". I associate that with only the most exclusively made watches. I remember an acquaintance of mine having a very expensive OMEGA saying it was "adjusted in six positions".

y4mHWEnXyRqBfm96ArM-MNCrMguFPxvDxrRLfca-
The shape of the spokes of the balance wheel I believe tells me it is made of the glucydur alloy which I believe is much less sensitive to changes in temperature.

y4m-KSKvG7IZ3wNbAC0kiHCyOmgrWED8YJAuCe3B

y4muEkyzAUmG4py1mzZwKQp5cWt6QgdDXKTIIXDc
Also, the escape wheel is the most beautiful I’ve seen so far, almost like it was "decorated". I only paid £48/€57/US$63 for this used watch at an auction so maybe it isn’t all that fancy after all, or I was lucky!? I’d be delighted to take part of any of your opinions!

Edited by VWatchie

7 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Says adjusted in six positions, would this mean the movement is a good grade?

I think you got a good deal.

That's what I'd like to know! It could be that I made a good deal... So, feel welcome anyone who'd care to speculate!