Omega 561 Lubrication Chart Required.

Geo

Hi guys, I'm servicing an Omega Constellation with a 561 movement just now. I was wondering if anyone has a lubrication chart in PDF format that they could share? I can manage without, but it is always good to check these things if possible.

Cheers,

Geo!

Thanks for that Lawson, I appreciate you finding the link, but it doesn't appear to be working. Possibly because I' using my iPad. I'll check it out on my PC later.

As I said, it's not desperate that I get a lube chart, but as it's a friends watch I just thought I would see what Omega had recommended. It's probably the most impressive I've come across for build quality!

Edited by Geo

That particular calibre had a "special" run of 100,000 movements that came out extra accurate. Wonder if its one of those?

I did know about this and checked it out, but unfortunately it is 23xxxxxx instead of 24xxxxxx.

Here's a link for others to read, it's mind blowing accuracy!

http://ialreadyhaveawatch.com/2009/01/the-famous-100000-consecutive-omega-561-chronometers/

Found this info on the  Omega forum and was written by an Omega watch repairer

Some recommendations for oils:

Train either D5 or HP1300 for the larger wheels (most professionals use HP1300, but D5 is acceptable for those on a budget), and for the barrel arbor. Then 9010 for the 4th wheel and escape wheel pivots, as well as balance pivots. 9415 for the pallet jewels, nothing on the pallet fork pivots - they are left dry.

If you look at any technical guide for a modern movement, for example pick an ETA 2824-2, this will give you a good guide for how this movement should be lubricated. Yes lubrication can start holy wars between watchmakers, but if you want to follow the sort of oiling techniques and recommendations used by Omega presently, the 2824-2 technical guide will be a good start. Of course the automatic is different, so not all of it applies, but certainly the base movement oiling will be accurate.

Edited by clockboy

• 2 years later...