Ladies Omega De Ville Running Fast

Got a ladies Omega De Ville in an auction lot today. My limit for repairs to this point has been installing batteries. The watch runs but runs several hours fast. 

I know there are a few reasons it could be running fast. I don't have a degausser but suspect it could be magnetized. 

What are some other things I should consider or questions I should ask if I take it in for repair?

Also, do you know if there was originally a plastic retaining ring to secure the movement in the case? There was none when I opened the back.

Thanks in advance!

78813081_502535557280449_11595462511427584_o.jpg

When you bring it to a competent watchmaker you should surely mention the issues you've found, but he will accurately examine, service and repair anyway. In this case you should get an estimate for polishing also. You can use the reference no. on the back to compare with the asking prices on chrono24.com, unfortunately ladies watch are not valued or easily resealable like gent's.

Regarding the use of a mov't ring you should post a picture with the back opened,

Edited by jdm

7 hours ago, jdm said:

When you bring it to a competent watchmaker you should surely mention the issues you've found, but he will accurately examine, service and repair anyway. In this case you should get an estimate for polishing also. You can use the reference no. on the back to compare with the asking prices on chrono24.com, unfortunately ladies watch are not valued or easily resealable like gent's.

Regarding the use of a mov't ring you should post a picture with the back opened,

Only one "watchmaker" in town and I have had limited experience with him. It's a combination pawn and watch/clock repair shop.

When I first opened the back, the entire movement lifted out with the back. That's why I asked if anyone knew if this watch originally had some sort of movement ring as I've never seen a watch that didn't. That said, there doesn't seem to be enough room inside the case for one. 

I know the ladies watches are not valued as highly and it took a couple tries to close the back so reticent to reopen it but may try and get a pic later today.