daveincarthage

Ladies Omega De Ville Running Fast

Question

Got a ladies Omega De Ville in an auction lot today. My limit for repairs to this point has been installing batteries. The watch runs but runs several hours fast. 

I know there are a few reasons it could be running fast. I don't have a degausser but suspect it could be magnetized. 

What are some other things I should consider or questions I should ask if I take it in for repair?

Also, do you know if there was originally a plastic retaining ring to secure the movement in the case? There was none when I opened the back.

Thanks in advance!

78813081_502535557280449_11595462511427584_o.jpg

5 answers to this question

When you bring it to a competent watchmaker you should surely mention the issues you've found, but he will accurately examine, service and repair anyway. In this case you should get an estimate for polishing also. You can use the reference no. on the back to compare with the asking prices on chrono24.com, unfortunately ladies watch are not valued or easily resealable like gent's.

Regarding the use of a mov't ring you should post a picture with the back opened,

Edited by jdm

7 hours ago, jdm said:

When you bring it to a competent watchmaker you should surely mention the issues you've found, but he will accurately examine, service and repair anyway. In this case you should get an estimate for polishing also. You can use the reference no. on the back to compare with the asking prices on chrono24.com, unfortunately ladies watch are not valued or easily resealable like gent's.

Regarding the use of a mov't ring you should post a picture with the back opened,

Only one "watchmaker" in town and I have had limited experience with him. It's a combination pawn and watch/clock repair shop.

When I first opened the back, the entire movement lifted out with the back. That's why I asked if anyone knew if this watch originally had some sort of movement ring as I've never seen a watch that didn't. That said, there doesn't seem to be enough room inside the case for one. 

I know the ladies watches are not valued as highly and it took a couple tries to close the back so reticent to reopen it but may try and get a pic later today.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jakobvinkas
      Hello!
      Not sure if this is the right place for my question since I do not intend to do the repair myself. However I am wondering if anyone knows an approximate price of a tachymeter for the Omega 3520.50 day-date (tripple date).
      If anyone has any idea what a insert and the "repair" would cost at a watch shop, please let me know.
      Thanks in advance.
      Jakob

• By east3rn
      Hello. 
      I am about to work on a Omega ladies automatic watch.
      I found out that the axis of the rotor is out of place and shakes up and down.
      What could be done in this situation?
      Thanks!

• By arkobugg
      Cheers mates!!
      Had to get new winding stem to an Omega cal. 342 , beacuse not original crown.
      Got an replacement from Ronda, but does not fit.
      Tried to fit the stem yesterday, but Im not able to get in in right in the movment.   The original just go right in every time, but the new Ronda stem will not go properly in.   Are there anyone that have some ide why this not fit?   Can the notch in the stem where I have put red arrow have somthing todo with this??   Its slightly smaller on the Ronda stem...  se photo  

• By arkobugg
      Cheers Mates!

Working on a Omega Cal. 613, have done service, and watch performs well on the time-grapher, but when put dial and hand on, I can see that the

• By Harmines
      Hello all
      i wonder if anyone could offer some advice. I have an Omega seamaster 1345 quartz day date. Working well. However it seems the date is stuck (as shown in pictures) i know the push button at the 4 o clock position is meant to filter through the date? However when pushed in nothing seems to happen. As a result of this the watch works fine but only up untill 11pm it doesnt turn over to midnight and therefor change the day or date. Minute hand works perfectly but it seems i have to change the hour position every morning.
      when i turn the crown, hour hand moves fune and after the 12 o clock position changes the day, but date does not moth along with it.
      anyone know how i can resolve this safely without removing too many parts of the movement? 
      Many thanks