Please help interpret timegrapher traces

Lc130

Hi All

I'm a beginner and this is an AS1951 which I got working after a clean and oil.  I didn't remove the mainspring.  I have only a few few sizes of winders and usually have much difficulty with them.  I did remove the barrel lid and ran it through the ultrasound.  I then added a few dabs of  8200.  The jewels got 8000 and the pallet stone 9415 (all Moebius).

The amplitude is better than I usually get and the rate is ok.  How would you read these pictures?  Is all ok?  What are all the stray dots?

Thank you

Charlie

Dial up

DU.thumb.JPG.632af4c8460ac680bc5881dec3876375.JPG

Dial down

DD.thumb.JPG.646e7bf3c0107c2d0c59389baaeaf01b.JPG

Pendant up

PU.thumb.JPG.514e2349e72f30fb199b9eb85434b451.JPG

Pendant down

PD.thumb.JPG.4ec5aed20eeb9afb3c69170d823d357d.JPG

The slope of the dots shows the rate. If its gaining it will slant up if its loosing time it will slant down, i would prefer to see a slight slant going up but the more straight it is the better the rate is the dots stand for beat, the closer they are the less the beat error the farther apart they are the higher the beat error. Sometimes beat error can get screwy if you are not in a very silent place when timing the watch, also make sure its secure and laying evenly on the amp. The amplitude looks good i would expect to see a lower amp at dial crown up/down. 270 is best but your pretty much right there. So beat error could be machine picking up sounds and rate de-escalation could mean the balance needs to be regulated.

beat error- check roller jewel at a rest without pallet installed. The jewel should lay perfectly in the middle of the two bank pins. You don’t need to adjust the roller since the as1951 has a balance stud. Turn the stud until roller rests in the middle of the pins. This should also help with rate too if your power reserve in the MS is fine. But if doesn’t then the problem lies in the mainspring which could def be the issue here since you didn’t replace the spring which is needed every time an service/overhaul is done. This is just the most common resolutions to your issues but there could be other deep seeded underlying issues such as improper oiling, side shakes/end shakes, etc. also never oil the pallet pivots.

Edited by saswatch88

Looks very good to me.

The "noise" as opposed to a straight line is often inconsistency/un-evenness of the individual beats of the escapement. In my experience, this is due to cleanliness or lubrication (including over-lubrication) of the escapement. I'd still say it looks "ok". The other reason for the noise is if the watch pickup is not getting a strong enough signal.

But if you want to clean that trace up, I'd first ask: did you clean the escape wheel and pallets, are the pallet jewel holes clean, and are the pallet stones lightly lubricated?