omega watch hand sizes

gary17

Hi

I am trying top locate hands for a omega cal 565 

case num 166.025

Cousins don't have them, not omega anyway.

I got the hand sizes from ranfft

1.50mm

0.80mm

0.18mm

So i presume they are the hole size?

So went on unbranded parts in cousins looking for hands.

I can get the hour and the minute hand but the seconds hand fits onto a pin and secures the hour and minutes hands.

How do i know what second hand i need?

The hole which is 0.18 i understand but then it has to be wide enough on the outer side to secure minute hand?

Sorry if i have not explained this properly but i'm doing me best.

I've included some pics but i only have a phone cam so that's the best i can do with that.

I also know the pics show the hole is dirty and uncleaned but i want to see if i can get this second hand sorted before i strip it and clean it.

Any help advice appreciated.

cheers

gary

IMG_20191208_211846.jpg

IMG_20191208_211826.jpg

IMG_20191208_211824.jpg

They cost  a kidney . https://www.swisslimitededitions.com/product-page/omega-seamaster-120m-baby-ploprof-c-1012-hour-minute-sweep-second-hand-166-0250

Cousinsuk have it but as many other omega parts it's restricted by the manufacture. https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/filter/omega-hands

And is it a 166.025 ? Maybe you have a 165.025?  166.025 has a 1010 movement if i correct? 

Edited by rogart63

12 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Cousinsuk have it but as many other omega parts it's restricted by the manufacture. https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/filter/omega-hands

No, when it says "restricted" or "obsolete", they don't have it. It means they may have had in the past, and when was about ordering it again or for the first time, they got that answer from the manufacturer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdm said:

No, when it says "restricted" or "obsolete", they don't have it. It means they may have had in the past, and when was about ordering it again or for the first time, they got that answer from the manufacturer.

Strange way of saying it . Then it would be obsolete? Either they can get the parts or not? 

Restricted means the manufactures refused to sell due to the typical Swiss business practices, see Cousins UK litigation against the Swatch group. 

Obsolete means the manufacturer doesn't make the part anymore and there is no stock left.

Either way they don't have and cannot get it. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys i will have to go non - omega.

second hand i can get 0.18 hole size and 12 mm long.

but then minute hand 0.80 hole size only length 12 mm

Thats just not right second hand and minute hand same length?

Hour hand not to bad hole size 1.50 i can get length 8.5 mm.

So why can i not get a non branded minute GP hand between them two sizes?

A 10.5 mm length sounds ideal to me or am i missing somethin here?

cheers

gary

Edited by gary17