MAIN SPRING BOUND :

21 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Not sure i am with you there? Is the ratchet wheel hidden so you can't unwind it? Like a citizen or Baumgartner 866. Pictures could help? Or movement? 

the click (paul) is a rachet for the rachet wheel,  part of the mainsping barrel.  correct?  the watch will not run if the main spring is (up tight).    if you want to take the balance out. "let down the main spring".    this watch has the winding stem "locked up",    can not let the spring down. i want to avoid a total tear down of this valuable watch.  SO,   if i can find the click and release it,   a total tear down MAY be avoided.  are you with me now?    cheers,   vin

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:58 AM, nickelsilver said:

The click on a 72 is next to the column wheel, there's a pin sticking up through the bridge that you can hold to let down the power.

Valjoux 72 click.jpg

the  click moves and is not under pressure.  so the bind is in the area of the spring barrel or the winding gears. needs tear down.  thanks for the help, ill put it away for a while.   vin