Timex 100 stem removal

many times I have wished that whoever put up that google drive did not. reson is the information is not complete. as there is no instruction for movment removal in the manuals.  The instructions came with the crystal tool.

you hold on to the stem with pliers and unscrew the crown.  do not pull off the dial.  

12 hours ago, FLwatchguy73 said:

you reveal another issue with google, @JerseyMo.... It's full of inaccurate information. I read on another site that the crown and stems were one piece and couldn't be undone. Thank you both @AndyHull and @JerseyMo:bow:

Some of the stems/crowns in other movements are one piece (perhaps the majority), and the crown does not come off, but there are a few Timex movements (this being a good example) where the crown does come off.

In the cases where the crown and stem are one piece however there is generally a screw or spring that holds the stem in place, so all of the mechanisms can all be removed from their cases relatively easily, one way or another, generally without removing the dial. 

There is quite a bit of information out there, some of it accurate, and some not. I have yet to find a site that gives complete info on all of the movements.

Here is a little bit more about the various movements, incomplete, but worth a quick look.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Budget_Watch_Collecting/Timex_movements#Base_Model_22

Having said that, @JerseyMo and others here would be able to answer pretty much any question you may have about vintage Timex stuff.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2019 at 7:23 AM, JerseyMo said:

many times I have wished that whoever put up that google drive did not. reson is the information is not complete. as there is no instruction for movment removal in the manuals.  The instructions came with the crystal tool.

you hold on to the stem with pliers and unscrew the crown.  do not pull off the dial.  

That would be me :-)

What is posted is mostly what was on the old Timex forum, with some additions by me from info that I've accumulated. I know it's incomplete, but it's all I've been able to round up so far. 

Happy to include any info that's not there, contributions welcome!

Cheers

14 hours ago, dadistic said:

That would be me :-)

What is posted is mostly what was on the old Timex forum, with some additions by me from info that I've accumulated. I know it's incomplete, but it's all I've been able to round up so far. 

Happy to include any info that's not there, contributions welcome!

Cheers

oh, I knew you had started putting these up on google drive all along amd I'm sure I created some of the scanned documents.

the Timex forum is gone... but I sure had fun oin there while it lsted.