Hello

JohnD

Hi, just joined this forum as I'm branching out from my previous collecting of early Seiko analogue quartz watches to the lesser loved electro mechanical 'missing link' watches of the 1960's, before the quartz revolution......

I am a retired mechanical design engineer who started his working life as an apprentice scientific instrument maker for a now long defunct company called 'Hilger & Watts', more years ago than I care to remember.;). I discovered the 'joys' of tinkering with watch movements about 5 years ago and have resurrected quite a few since then, my wife is beginning to think that I'm certifiable .:D

John....

• Like 2

Hi John   I think that most of us on here fit into that catagory. I think the mental insability is refered to Horologalgia. No known cure but can be stabalised by purchasing more watches or clocks.  Withdrawl symptoms include tuneless humming, drumming of idle fingers or in exreem cases looking at a watch and talking to it. At this point the wife moves into another room.:nurse:

• Haha 1