Starting out!

Deanp1995

Hello, I'm dean I'm 24 from the UK and have a massive interest in watches since I was about 12, I am currently a hgv truck driver and play around repairing and selling watches in my spare time (while paying a mortgage and looking after 4 children)!.

My dream is do watch repair as a full time job, and I one day will have my own little shop where I can repair watches and sell them as well, but am a very long way from achieveing that dream!, anyone else have the same dream? 

Does anyone know of some good books or online courses to help me along the way with understanding a bit more about repairs? 

Thanks!! 

27 minutes ago, Deanp1995 said:

Does anyone know of some good books or online courses to help me along the way with understanding a bit more about repairs? 

Welcome here. By far the best online training is by our Host Mark Lovick: https://www.watchrepairlessons.com/

And for any question including books don't forget to give the search box top right a chance to help you first. 

Edited by jdm

46 minutes ago, Deanp1995 said:

Just been looking through it and it looks great just what I want to do, a few questions though, 

Does it work in the UK? Is it live tutoring and a live assessment?

It works everywhere the Internet reaches :)

You access the HD videos and practice at your own pace to be certified. For further questions refer to the website there..