Invicta 10914 not working after battery replacement

Gogu

Took my Invicta 10914 to two different jewelry shops for battery replacement and both said they put in a new battery but watch is not working.Watch is fairly new, two-three  years old, barely used, only on special occasions.

Hard to believe the movement is the problem since it was used a few times only.

Much appreciated any suggestion.

Invicta 10914.jpg

Unfortunately quartz modules are quite unpredictable, they may work for decades or mysteriously quit anytime.

Also unfortunate is that the module used in your watch, Miyota 6760 doesn't seem to be available from known sources, but you could ask Invicta customer service about. I can only see that a replacement circuit is available for $84 from Julius Borel. If a reputable watchmaker could confirm with the proper testing that is indeed the faulty part, that could fix it. But I'm talking in theory and don't take any responsibility. Some testing procedures are in the attached technical document. 

6760.pdf

• Like 1

Check from page 14 on-wards in the doc @jdm just posted, it may help. Also check that the battery currently fitted, not only is fitted the correct way up, but is the correct battery, and also that it actually works (use a multimeter).

It is not unknown for cheapskates to try a new battery, find it doesn't work for whatever reason, perhaps simply because they don't follow the correct procedure in the service manual, then refit the dead one.

Edited by AndyHull

Actually I read the manual posted by jdm and found out after battery replacement you need to reset the watch first, than do the Initial SetUp.

After resetting the watch start working but the Second hand was working in reverse (couterclockwise ), still showing time correctly.

After doing the initial setup about 10-15 times the second hand started turning clockwise.

PS Some other people suggested the stator plate being bent as the cause for reverse turning of the second hand, but now I can say it's about the programming/setting the time. READ THE MANUAL AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!