ETA 2824 dial feet do not match my Sellita SW200

sunday

Hello, I'm building a watch using a Sellita SW200 and I bought an ETA 2824 dial.  The dial has four feet and so does my movement, but they don't line up, the ones on the dial are too far apart relative to the movement.  I think if I cut off two feet I can make it fit but I'm not 100% sure.

Is this a common scenario?

Hi   Dial feet are usually specific to the movement but having said that there are dials and movements which are interchangable  some come with four feet attached to enable you to cut off the ones not needed.  When matching dials and movements it is wise to consult the tech sheets of both the movement and the movement of the donor dial to find compatibility.  e.g.  I have just replaced a miyota 2N50 (obsolete) with a Ronda 1032, the dial from the miyota fits with no modification, so research pays off  Alternativly you could use dial dots if there is no calendar work or re-solder the dial feet to suit the movement. There are machines on the market to do that or make your own. I did and it works a treat if there is no alternative.

• Like 1

the problem is your mixing chinese movement with a dial made for an eta which is also probably chinese. It most likely a fluke since eta 2824 is 100% a 4 feet dial. if you cant get it to fit by only cutting one then i would return the dial. You can always use adhesive dots but that may require you to use two dial spacers instead of 1.

30 minutes ago, sunday said:

I think if I cut off two feet I can make it fit but I'm not 100% sure.

Not sure? What the vernier caliper shows?

1 minute ago, saswatch88 said:

the problem is your mixing chinese movement with a dial made for an eta which is also probably chinese.

The OP has a Sellita which is Swiss made. Link to reference / casing information http://sellita.ch/scripts/calibres/images/Brochure_technique-SW200-1_39.pdf

• Like 1

As far as I know my Sellita is a legitimate Sellita as well, my dial came from Singapore, though.

I checked with calipers, and yes it looks like two feet match the distance.  I am not 100% sure that the orientation of the dial will be correct, though but it looks like: probably yes.

30 minutes ago, jdm said:

Not sure? What the vernier caliper shows?

The OP has a Sellita which is Swiss made. Link to reference / casing information http://sellita.ch/scripts/calibres/images/Brochure_technique-SW200-1_39.pdf

Based on the picture it looks like this Sellita only has 2 dial feet holes, those locations match up to the feet that I believe would fit my dial as well, if I cut the other two feet off.  I don't know if that is helpful.

Just now, sunday said:

Based on the picture it looks like this Sellita only has 2 dial feet holes, those locations match up to the feet that I believe would fit my dial as well, if I cut the other two feet off.  I don't know if that is helpful.

It is helpful to you :)
The dial will hold perfectly with two feet.

Have a look at the thread below, it may help to answer your questions.

Incidentally, I've never come acros a dial that was mounted with 4 feet, and only occasionaly dials with 3 feet and they were big heavy enamelled pocket watch dials that maybe need 3 due to their weight.